Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Getting the bug again...need some suggestions if you would
Old 10-01-2010, 08:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Getting the bug again...need some suggestions if you would

I haven't brewed in a long time because me and the lady bought a house last year and all my time and $$$ have been going toward that.

Anyway, I dug up a lot of my old equipment and I am thinking about what I could do. I have a 10 Gallon cooler, a keg I need to get the top cut off, a couple bayou burners w propane. Ive been using just straight gravity feeds, but I really want to build a brew rig that I can upgrade as I go. Here is what I have to work with...basically 2 options.

Option 1 (what I prefer)

I would LOVE to brew in the basement. I have a natural gas line that is going out to the grill. As soon as I saw it I automatically thought about tapping into it and dropping a brewery in there. IF the wife allows basement brewing, what material would you guys suggest to build a stand?

I have a 240 electric outlet currently unused...that is an option, but I know NOTHING about all electric brewing.

Option 2

Garage Brewing

I have a woodworking shop in progress out there and it would be pretty easy to build a wooden rig, but the downside is that it is in the garage and I live in Buffalo. Winters would suck.

Any input is appreciated! Lookin forward to getting back into it

Old 10-01-2010, 12:15 PM   #2
BIAB Expert Tailor
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Liked 966 Times on 764 Posts
Likes Given: 15

My vote is for electric in the basement, clean, quiet and efficient. Need to vent the steam.