Self appreciation - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Self appreciation

Old 10-01-2010, 01:16 AM   #1
BogusOwnz
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Lake Forest, IL
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

So I've been on this cascadian dark kick lately trying and craving all the commercial beers in the category I can find. Ive always been more malt driven then hop but when the two coexist it's just wonderful. So in my brewing classic styles I stumbled across Janets Brown Ale and thought it looked good being dark and hoppy. Well tonight I poured the first pint from the keg and wow! I'm very happy with how it turned out. Scratches my dark hoppy itch. I set aside a gallon to bottle instead of keg that was aged a bit with oak chips soaked in bourbon, I'll crack one open in a few days I hope it's great or I'll just wish that gallon was in my keg.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 AM   #2
mc_eric
Recipes 

May 2009
Lansing, Michigan
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

No fair! You're bragging about how good your beer is, and you haven't given me any?

I demand you send me a bottle ASAP! You know, so I can verify your claims of greatness.

But seriously, more power to ya!