Measure of a man vs. Starbucks. - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Measure of a man vs. Starbucks.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #1
alaskanmoosehunter
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Fairbanks, Alaska, Alaska

I like to think of myself as, the kind of guy you think about when you watch the outdoor channel. You know the type...The blue collar guy. The one other men, who wear suits to work snicker at. Forcing me to return the favor by making fun of their "pink" power ties while rolling up my sleeves.

Having said that, I am having a hard time with this right now. I feel that Starbucks is taking some of my manhood away evertime I go to the counter and say, "Venti, Carmel Frappicino with carmel drizzle in the cup with no whip." AHHHHAAHHH, I hate it!

I stare at the floor as if I am a criminal trying to avoid being identified while committing a crime.

I swear that Starbucks is the DEVIL!

Wait....You going to Starbucks?

I'll come with ya, I need to pick me up a Venti Carmel Frappicino with carmel drizzle in the cup with no whip.....Damn-it! I fell victim again, Son-of-bitch.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:10 AM   #2
PDawg
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Clarksvlle, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Tooo easy to fix. Order a triple Espresso and then order your drink for the "wife in the car". You can then walk out with your head up and still have your girly drink. LMAO

Old 09-30-2010, 06:18 AM   #3
jmendez29
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2008
Holland, Michigan
Liked 155 Times on 98 Posts

I hate that Venti crap. Its an effin large!!! I go to Seattle's Best, they got it right. Why do they call it a tall? Because they don't want to call it a small coffee, that's why. What's so wrong with a small coffee? Or a large one for that matter.

I call it a large, not a Venti, that's how I cope.

No, that's not what makes you an ***hole.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #4
munklunk
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Chicago, IL
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Or just make that Caramel milkshake at home and save hundreds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post

I know one thing... if there's a depression and beer companies go out of business... I'm selling my homebrew.
Huckleberry Brewing

Pride of the Northside

Old 09-30-2010, 10:23 AM   #5
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3183 Times on 1883 Posts

Or you could man up and go to a Tim Horton's or even a Dunkin Donuts, and order a REAL cup of coffee, and leave all that girly flavored crap behind. Heck even 7-11's have all that testosterone stealing flavorings, but you grab your own damn cup, make it yourself, and pay for it, you don't even have to say a word to the cashier if you don't want to. None of that buttsecks "vente" lisping crap....Just real coffee.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #6
lehr
Recipes 

Dec 2008
flushing michigan
Liked 17 Times on 17 Posts

Last time I went to I ordered a large 3 times while the counter girl tried to correct me...Venti my aaaassss !
Pat

Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 AM   #7
elkdog
Recipes 

May 2007
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

You brew your own beer but not your own coffee?

Old 09-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #8
bullinachinashop
Recipes 

Oct 2009
NE Ohio
Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts

Large, hot, strong and black. That's all.

Bull

Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM   #9
janzik

Recipes 

Sep 2007
Old Bridge, NJ
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendez29 View Post
I hate that Venti crap. Its an effin large!!! I go to Seattle's Best, they got it right. Why do they call it a tall? Because they don't want to call it a small coffee, that's why. What's so wrong with a small coffee? Or a large one for that matter.

I call it a large, not a Venti, that's how I cope.
You know, they're owned by Starbucks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle's_Best_Coffee

They just took over for the Burger King's Coffee in NJ.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #10
Beerrific

Recipes 

Mar 2007
Georgia
Liked 54 Times on 46 Posts

"I would like a medium coffee."
"One Grande coffee"
"No, no, I would like a medium"
"But....."
They usually give up and I smile.