Brother Jed: "Beer Lovers" Going to Hell - Page 7 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Brother Jed: "Beer Lovers" Going to Hell

Old 09-29-2010, 03:39 PM   #61
MeatyPortion
Internet Bartender
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2009
Madison, WI
Liked 412 Times on 325 Posts

I think he kind of looks like The Penguin from Batman. They both have those little, flipper-like arms and an evil squint in their eyes.
murr
Kegged
I have kegs?

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM   #62
cinderbike
Recipes 

Sep 2010
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

We had people like this on our campus all the time. The strange this was, pretty much everything was a reason for going to hell. I remember that being:
- Liberal
- Listening to Rock and Roll
- Being Mexican
- Mouthy women

Were all on his giant sign of "reasons you're going to hell". My girlfriend got a chuckle out of 'mouthy women'.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #63
tallybrewer
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I remember him at FSU back around 1985... I remember a woman who was also preaching with him. It got pretty humorous at times...

Sister Cindy!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #64
flyboy
Recipes 

Aug 2007
Mesa, Arizona
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If this hypocrite sat down and actually read the bible instead of pointing fingers at other people, he'd learn that Jesus drank, went to parties, and hung out with sinners. He led by example. The ones he DID get in their face was the church leaders who were telling the populace they were going to hell unless they dress this way and only ate that and don't drink beer and wine. It amazes me the amount of people who claim to be christian (Greek for "Christ like") but don't act LIKE Christ at all.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:07 PM   #65
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

Old 09-29-2010, 08:15 PM   #66
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts

Oh god..

I was trying to google image Sister Cindy, because iirc she was kinda cute, and this picture came up instead.

Think he took a hug????

Back in the day...

Cindy didn't age as well as her husband.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-29-2010, 08:47 PM   #67
cheezydemon3
Recipes 

Nov 2009
louisville
Liked 1671 Times on 1251 Posts

Yeah JUDGE NOT doucher.