Bob just staggered off to bed...... - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Bob just staggered off to bed......

Old 09-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 5008 Times on 3380 Posts

Got on Teamspeak and WoW last night and had a Magic Hat Autumn Seasonal, (which was pretty good IMO) and a half-glass of my own crappy Blonde. Coupled with the Benadryl I had taken earlier, I was ready for sleep after that. I thought of Bob as I looked at my watch at 8 o-clock and decided that I really needed to have that beer.

Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 PM   #12
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Got on Teamspeak and WoW last night and had a Magic Hat Autumn Seasonal, (which was pretty good IMO) and a half-glass of my own crappy Blonde. Coupled with the Benadryl I had taken earlier, I was ready for sleep after that. I thought of Bob as I looked at my watch at 8 o-clock and decided that I really needed to have that beer.
You guys really made me smile! Bob was hungover the next day, but pretended he wasn't.

I have NEVER seen him drunk and/or hungover before so it was really pretty funny. He's always the practical voice of reason around here. Of course, he blamed me which makes it even funnier.

Old 09-29-2010, 02:04 PM   #13
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper_Brew View Post
You guys really made me smile! Bob was hungover the next day, but pretended he wasn't.

I have NEVER seen him drunk and/or hungover before so it was really pretty funny. He's always the practical voice of reason around here. Of course, he blamed me which makes it even funnier.
Like, after meeting Bob he does sort of come across as a fairly straight-laced individual. However, I never imagined that after living with you for so long that he didn't occasionally tie one on! I also thought there had to be some sort of carry-over.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 AM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Liked 8009 Times on 5598 Posts

Quote:
Like, after meeting Bob he does sort of come across as a fairly straight-laced individual. However, I never imagined that after living with you for so long that he didn't occasionally tie one on! I also thought there had to be some sort of carry-over.
Well, if he's ever tied one on before, I never knew about it!

He's funny, smart, kind, intelligent, and many other things, but "straight-laced" is a perfect description. The first time he told me to go **** off, I laughed. Not because it was funny (we were obviously arguing!) but it was so incongruous. It was like being told to **** off by Barbara Bush.

Old 09-30-2010, 02:23 PM   #15
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

LOL! Barbara Bush! I'll try not to call him Barbara next time I see him.

OT - I just saw the raffle in your sig. Just got some money in my paypal account from a guy who wanted to split a renewal for BYO. Sent that and the difference in to Babalu's fund! Good cause and everyone should take a look and consider giving! (Yes, I am talking to YOU!)

Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #16
thataintchicken
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Lewiston, ID
Liked 1369 Times on 1337 Posts

Quote:
gives me an idea.

I have a ventrilo server.
perhaps a live chat pub drunkfest might be a fun way to kill a few hours.

Old 09-30-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
thataintchicken
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Lewiston, ID
Liked 1369 Times on 1337 Posts

Damn IPA's.

hmm.... that gives me another idea.

Old 10-01-2010, 12:36 PM   #18
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thataintchicken View Post
gives me an idea.

I have a ventrilo server.
perhaps a live chat pub drunkfest might be a fun way to kill a few hours.
Sht! I've often thought about having a friend or two on TS while drinking a few beers and recording it. Sort of like a "Sunday Session", except with amateurs.

I think the only thing we need is beer, an IP address or server name, and a few topics to get the conversation started. (After all, we all know that conversations always degenerate towards S E X eventually anyways.. . (Or that could just be me...)

Old 10-01-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

Awesome. I needed a new sig.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana