Next brew is coming up and I needed a better way to chill my wort (read: sticking pot in sink full of ice is lousy).
So I checked out this thread
and this thread
and got some ideas.
I went and picked up some copper, some tubing and some misc hardware. Turns out all I needed was the copper and tubing.
Worm Clamps - Had some laying around.
The copper i got was already coiled, so I found the midpoint, stretched it out a bit and then spaced the coils. I then bent the pipe up a bit at the end. I cut the vinyl in to about two 7' and a 6'. I attached the two 7' lengths to the pipe with worm clamps.
At this point I thought that I would need to wait until I found some more parts (lowes was missing the bushing), and then I took apart the sprayer on my sink, to find a 3/8th barb!
Connected the tube to the barb with another worm clamp and bam! working chiller. The whole thing took about 15 minutes.
Ill update once I actually use it and let you know how it works.
IC Connected to Spayer:
IC/Sprayer Connection Closeup: