Flash pasteurization - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Flash pasteurization

Old 09-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #1
Scooterkdavis

Recipes 

Jul 2008
Northern California
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

so me and swmbo went to an apple orchid this weekend to load up on some juices for are yearly cider run. the last place we went to thier press was closed and were out of fresh juice, but the young lady working the register said they did have some put into gallon milk containers that were bottled usually within the week. So i go grab a gallon and start reading the label and it says "100 apple juice flash pasteurized" on it. just curious i ask how they flash pasteurized the juice. Her response was that they put it in a machine and spin it around really fast until its safe to drink. Lucky for me my girlfriend was there because she saw the look in my eye and immediatley gave me the you better shut the f up look. Anyways just curious what has happened to education in this country?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:49 AM   #2
Baja_Brewer

Recipes 

Jun 2008
Rhode Island
Liked 138 Times on 107 Posts

You know the phrase "There's more than meets the eye"? Some people don't get that. She was obviously relying on what she had observed the process as, and had never inquired more deeply.

But yeah, thats a pretty stupid reply- I would expect that from an 8 or a 1 year old maybe!

Old 09-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #3
Clann
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Edmonton Ky
Liked 16 Times on 16 Posts

dont know about flash pasteurization but my local orchard does the same thing but they also add spices that they forgot to add to the label