Make Beer at Home - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Make Beer at Home

Old 09-21-2010, 06:40 PM   #41
cedar_lake
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Vermont
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
People keep referencing that, I missed the thread...linky please.

I can't find th thread that had more than one reply, but I found this one:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/tna-...dy-ale-176116/

His website is precious.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:44 PM   #42
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3201 Times on 1889 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedar_lake View Post
I can't find th thread that had more than one reply, but I found this one:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f38/tna-...dy-ale-176116/

His website is precious.
Wow, just wow...you were right, it is precious....or something.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-21-2010, 06:59 PM   #43
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Oh god...

We had a overwhelming response to our CandyBeers at the Cailfornia Wine Festival In Santa Barbara, Ca, lots of fun people, wines and of course BEERS!

Looks like they were lined up there, eh?

So what is this stuff? Alcoholic faygo?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 09-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #44
cedar_lake
Recipes 

Mar 2010
Vermont
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Oh god...

So what is this stuff? Alcoholic faygo?

"NEW TNA "Red Hawaiian Pineapple Candy Ale" is a Wet, Smooth, Red Hawaiian CandyBeer with a Pineapple Sting Of flavor and aroma of assorted fruits coming from natural & artifical hard candy flavors. At about 4.5 ABV, this delicious beer, taste great by itself, or with almost any food pairings. We Do's It Big At TNA....!"

So there you go. If it wasn't 45 bucks to make a growler of the stuff I'd suggest somebody buy one and write up a report.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #45
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 609 Times on 404 Posts

Did they really just describe the beer as wet?

Old 09-21-2010, 07:45 PM   #46
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by arturo7 View Post
Did they really just describe the beer as wet?
Yes he did....

I dunno, but suddenly I have a hankering to put some Barry White on my 8-track, pull out a 40 and get my Billy Dee on....

But of course with a "Pineapple Sting Of flavor and aroma of assorted fruits coming from natural & artifical hard candy flavors."

Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 PM   #47
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9081 Times on 7228 Posts

And according to his website

Quote:
TNACANDYBEER is the first beer to be brewed in the "Western United States"

Old 09-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #48
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Well, perhaps he has a different understanding of the phrase "Western United States" or words like brewed, first, or beer.
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 09-21-2010, 08:37 PM   #49
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

I've been trying to find some mention of this horror outside of the actualy website...I've found one, though I think this is a paid pr piece more than anything else.

Quote:
Umbrellas and Beer - TNA CandyBeers Coming To A Citi/Town Near You!
TNA Hard Candy Ale is a Smooth, Sweet/Sour Champange CandyBeer with the champagne flavor and aroma of assorted fruits coming from natural & artifical hard candy flavors. At about 6.5 ABV, this delicious beer, taste great by itself or with any food...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Jul 24, 2010 – Umbrellas and Beer

by Hank Truxillo

Woodland Hills, Ca: Whenever I settle into that oversized rattan chair underneath the spinning bamboo fan at my favorite Polynesian restaurant, before I order my crispy prawns or teriyaki chicken, I make my first order of business to select a perfect, fruit-flavored, refreshing tropical drink in a hurricane glass, topped with the little fold-out umbrella, with two cherries and an orange slice.

If I am sitting outside, I have my straw Panama hat with my dark sunglasses, feeling very much like Sydney Greenstreet in an old tropical island treasure hunt movie. The only unfortunate element to the story is that I occasionally prefer beer, and the flavor of beer just doesn’t allow for little umbrellas.

Until now.

Coming to the TikiFest at the Warner Center in Woodland Hills is TNA Hard Candy Ale. This is the perfect ale for that tropical Polynesian atmosphere; a special treat since it is the only candy ale brewed by Ty Armstrong Sr in the Western United States, and until recently has been only available to private parties. It’s a dry, sweet champagne-flavored beer with hints of tropical fruits coming from hard candies.

You’ve had your standard run of tropical drinks. How often do you get to taste something unique in the perfect setting? Come on down to Woodland Hills Saturday, August 14 and taste for yourself.

We’ll even put a little umbrella in it.

www.tikifest.net
www.tnacandybeer.com
[email protected]
(805) 461-(TNAC) 8622

Old 09-21-2010, 10:36 PM   #50
Nova5
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Augusta, GA - Columbia, SC.
Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

you'd think spammers would AT least check where they're spamming.
5gal Primary #1 :
5Gal Primary #2 Empty
MRB Primary #1 : Empty
MRB Primary #2 Empty
Carbed to Beery Goodness! - AHS Lando Cascadian Dark Ale - Brewed 10/28/12, Dry Hoppin 11/4/12, Bottled 11/10/12

Carbing - AHS Clone - Southhampton DoubleWhite - Brewed 11/11/12, Bottled 1/20/13