1. what is your favorite yeast for the job? i have used whitelabs saison1 and had good results but not great. i ended up with a fg of 1.010. i wanted to reach about 1.5 -2 plato. would the whitelabs saison2 yeast be a better choice you think? how about their mixed culture?
2. concerning the yeast, should i pitch more yeast a few days into fermentation? something clean and highly attenuating like WL001cali? when is the best time to pitch a second yeast.
3. should i start fermentation in the high 60's and ramp it up to the mid 80's, or start high in the mid to high 70's and ramp it up from their? will starting high give me hot alcohols?
4. what about sugar additions to dry it out. are there any recommended sugars i should use? how much should i use?
5. to get the cork flavor that is associated with corked bottles could i drop a few sanitized corks into the carboy to help acheive this flavor or would it not have enough time to impart a flavor? (all of these beers will be capped, none corked) this is an idea i was pondering on the other day, not sure if anyone has tried it yet. i was thinking about dropping about 30 corks in. submerged in a bag.