Gluten Free Birthday Barleywine - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Gluten Free Brewing > Gluten Free Birthday Barleywine

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 07:35 PM   #101
InfiniteThought
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Portland, Oregon
Posts: 126
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Very encouraging, thank you. In that case I have a lot of hope. The subtle flavors are all there, nice pepper, spices, phenol notes from the t-58...if the burning goes away then it will be great. Borrowing some storage space so its gonna sit at a nice and stable 62 degrees.

I will post another taste in october to see how it is after a year.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:54 PM   #102
DirtbagHB
 
DirtbagHB's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2010
Pocatello, ID, Idaho
Posts: 234
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


How about "F-U-Barley Wine"

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 AM   #103
InfiniteThought
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Portland, Oregon
Posts: 126
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Alright, an update! This beer is rapidly approaching its 1st Birthday. I thought I would give it another taste when it had been in the bottle for about 10 months and was really impressed with the improvement. It has a really nice set of tastes, gentle sweet, bite from the T-58, oak, pepper....pure hot aftertaste from the HUGE ABV. I think in still needs time but after I finished it I wanted to have another so it cant be too bad.
But then it turned out I probably didn't want another. There is something very strange about this beer. Aside from the nice buzz I was rather disassociated from my body and had a lot of trouble accomplishing anything, deciding on dinner, finding things, stairs, all seemed a bit hard. Stayed around for a bit too...anyone ever seen anything like this in a beer?


In totally other news I found this: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-small-batches

The guys from AHS are going to start a brewery. Thought I would put it here, not trying to force anything.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:31 PM   #104
DKershner
 
DKershner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Bend, OR
Posts: 1,870
Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteThought View Post
But then it turned out I probably didn't want another. There is something very strange about this beer. Aside from the nice buzz I was rather disassociated from my body and had a lot of trouble accomplishing anything, deciding on dinner, finding things, stairs, all seemed a bit hard. Stayed around for a bit too...anyone ever seen anything like this in a beer?
No. Definitely not. I get stronger and faster and more intelligent, and especially eloquent. Must be something weird about you.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 10:33 PM   #105
InfiniteThought
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Portland, Oregon
Posts: 126
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


har har and we all get way more attractive too right? This wasn't drunk, believe me I have accomplished that once or twice, this was more like being really stoned... without the weed. Glad to see you are still here.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #106
DKershner
 
DKershner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Bend, OR
Posts: 1,870
Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteThought View Post
har har and we all get way more attractive too right? This wasn't drunk, believe me I have accomplished that once or twice, this was more like being really stoned... without the weed. Glad to see you are still here.
Supposedly there are actually different drunks for different sources and gravities of alcohol. (i.e. tequila vs whiskey). Maybe it is just that?

Did you have any other effects from it? Digestive? It sounds like you may have had an allergic reaction as well.

Another possibility is that you smoked before or after you drank.

Tough to say based on your description.

I wasnt around as much because I was getting married. My GF GF is now my GF wife.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:27 PM   #107
Trollby
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Madison, WI
Posts: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKershner View Post
I wasnt around as much because I was getting married. My GF GF is now my GF wife.
You poor poor man

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #108
InfiniteThought
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Portland, Oregon
Posts: 126
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Congrats DK, hope it was a wonderful wedding!

I will conduct an experiment on the barley wine. On a day where i feel perfectly okay I will drink one (1) 12 oz bottle, not do anything else, and see what happens. Then we will know if it was an allergic reaction to something else, some other thing I drank at some other point, or what.

If its any good DK can have one mailed to him. Or come drink with me in portland and try all of my other GF beer.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:33 PM   #109
BBBF
Recipes 
 
Aug 2008
Chicago
Posts: 1,410
Liked 104 Times on 84 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by DKershner View Post

I wasnt around as much because I was getting married. My GF GF is now my GF wife.
Congrats. I did the same two weeks ago.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 04:20 PM   #110
DKershner
 
DKershner's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Bend, OR
Posts: 1,870
Liked 28 Times on 23 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteThought View Post
Congrats DK, hope it was a wonderful wedding!

I will conduct an experiment on the barley wine. On a day where i feel perfectly okay I will drink one (1) 12 oz bottle, not do anything else, and see what happens. Then we will know if it was an allergic reaction to something else, some other thing I drank at some other point, or what.

If its any good DK can have one mailed to him. Or come drink with me in portland and try all of my other GF beer.
Sure...trying to poison me with your weed-beer.

I make it up there now and again, usually during the summer though since its more difficult in the winter. May have to take you up on that at some point.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gluten Free ? MntFresh Gluten Free Brewing 6 06-17-2014 12:12 AM
gluten free mcody2005 Gluten Free Brewing 15 09-18-2010 01:26 AM
Gluten Free IPA RaffsPub Gluten Free Brewing 20 01-28-2010 01:11 AM
Gluten Free Old Ale hjherbenson Gluten Free Brewing 26 12-04-2009 07:59 PM
Gluten free cream ale tigerface Gluten Free Brewing 2 11-10-2009 04:37 PM


Forum Jump