Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Old 01-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #1491
HolidayIF1488
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Don't really care for the Ranger IPA.

Old 01-15-2012, 06:31 AM   #1492
WhiskeySam
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Somebody said it earlier -- it's either Tequiza, which I had forgotten even existed, or Bud Light Lime. Who the hell thought artificial lime flavoring would make beer good? I didn't think Bud Light could get worse, but I was very wrong.

MGD Light tastes like apple juice. That's fine if you're wanting to drink apple juice. But it's bad **** man.

Up Next -- Marzen

Old 01-15-2012, 08:26 AM   #1493
HolidayIF1488
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Remember that one bud light commercial..........oh you mean that kind of commercial. My bad.;-)

Old 01-15-2012, 08:59 AM   #1494
raptorvan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Strobe used to be good...30 years ago.
strike 1 going to Lansing
Strike 2 drinking strohs

But I would think my worst beer was a toss up between bud at a bar over looking their factory, Milwaukee, schlitz, pabts.....you get the idea...in fact I got so disgusted with it all I started homebrewing when I was 17.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #1495
Refly
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewJay View Post
I was recently in Tampa, and was looking for a local brew to try out. What I got was "Florida Ave." This abortion had to be the worst excuse for a brew I've ever tasted. No carbonation, thin and watery, no traces of any type of ingredients, with a subtle hint of copper. At first I thought it might have been just a bad apple, but after the first sip of the follow-up, I knew it was just god-awful.

Do not, repeat, DO NOT drink this beer.
I which I read this a couple of weeks ago. I was also in Tampa and looked at it on tap and said "gee nice to see a local craft beer in the hotel bar, I'll try one."

It's watered down and lacking "beer" flavor let alone anything identifiable like malt or hops. 2 sips and it was on to something else.

Fortunately the other beer on tap was a Sam Adams seasonal (alpine spring) which was very drinkable.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:30 AM   #1496
brownribbon
Recipes 

Mgd 64.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:50 AM   #1497
teaser452
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Schlitz. Black label. Natty light.

But I am stunned by the SA hatred. If agree that their seasonal/flavored beers are hit and miss year to year. But Boston ale and Boston lager are pretty damn good go to brews.

I understand everyone's tastes are different, but if you think Boston lager sucks, I'd have to question your taste in beer.

On a side note, a friend of mine from Germany visited here a few years back. He hated all the beers on tap in Boston. Even after I took him to a place with 300 beers on tap, he couldn't did one he liked.

He liked Coors Banquet Beer the best. He said it was the most like German beer. He must have drank 15 cases of the stuff while he was here.

Go figure.

Old 01-26-2012, 02:56 AM   #1498
ronclark
Constant Brewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am going to have to go with Natural Light. This is one of two beers that I threw up without being drunk. The other was Giessener.

After drinking Giessener, I realized why Licher beer from a nearby city is consumed more than the local swill.

Old 01-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #1499
maltbarleyhops
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Big Flats - without a doubt. i knew Walgreens beer couldnt be anything but awful, but i tried it.

The word "abortion" always come to mind when i think of that August evening.............

Old 01-26-2012, 10:42 AM   #1500
Brew_Force
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltbarleyhops
Big Flats - without a doubt. i knew Walgreens beer couldnt be anything but awful, but i tried it.

The word "abortion" always come to mind when i think of that August evening.............
Omg... I've seen this at walgreens and I always laugh. Big... Flats...? God, what could possibly be in that can that's worth drinking at such a low price? Feed mash? I've often thought of trying it, but I never thought it was worth the money :P