Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Worst Commercial Beer You've Ever Had?

Old 09-26-2011, 03:34 PM   #1251
Boy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

RedHook Eisbock I have to add to this list. Just terrible. Myself and the drunks at the bar I was working could not finish free pints of it.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:52 PM   #1252
unionrdr
struggling author
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2967 Times on 2561 Posts
Likes Given: 2092

Probably why they were free? haha. I just thought of a rather amusing episode regarding this. About 2 months ago my wife & I strolled into the beer cooler at Giant Eagle,& came upon HB "original" in bottles from Munchen. Cool we thought! WROOONG! We got home,& that evening broke out 2 bottles & some beer glasses. Gak! Talk about skunk wizz. We even let our boys smell it so they'd know what we mean when referring to a beer as "skunked". I spent 9 bucks on that 6'r too. She then pipes in,looking at me,"note to self...don't buy imported beer in GREEN BOTTLES!" point taken fer sher...

Old 09-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #1253
ChickenArise
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah, I was dumb enough to grab a 6 pack of Hofbrau Octoberfest after having some on tap. The other festbier I grabbed in green bottles (Paulaner?) was fine, but the Hofbrau seemed to have gone tanning and turned totally skunk.

Old 09-26-2011, 09:12 PM   #1254
Qhrumphf
Spirit of '69
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2334 Times on 1662 Posts
Likes Given: 997

Quote:
Originally Posted by unionrdr View Post
...came upon HB "original" in bottles from Munchen. Cool we thought! WROOONG! We got home,& that evening broke out 2 bottles & some beer glasses. Gak! Talk about skunk wizz.
Exact same experience with that brew. Although I bought a single bottle in a mix-and-match sixer so the loss was minimal. I've heard good reviews of that beer, so I'm gonna have to try it on tap before I make a judgment call.
Casked: Scottish 80/-
Bottle Cellar: Brett B Tripel, Brett C English Barleywine, Lamebic, Quadrupel, Tripel, Brett C Bitter, Wild Cider, Bourbon Barrel Sour Stout, Wee Heavy

Old 10-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #1255
McMalty
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Imper ale - Nero. It's italian, its filthy. It's supposed to be a stout but the head dissipates as if it were a Sprite and the whole damn thing smells and tastes like stout mixed with champagne. Horrible. Even worse, they wanted to charge $18/bottle for it. I picked it up for $5 out of a clearance bin and it wasn't even worth that. glad i learned a lesson

"I don't care too much for BMC" -Abraham Lincoln

Old 10-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #1256
sweet_corn
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatyPortion View Post
Steel Reserve is indeed nasty stuff. I bought a 4 pack of it while I was living in downtown Madison. Memories of vomiting loudly are all I can process right now.

Hamm's was another bad one. Had that for 50 cents a can at some bar in River Falls. That was a black out night.
Have to agree with the hamms. Bought it because it was 8.29 a case. Didn't taste too bad (Before I knew better). Could not figure out for a few months what was causing my indigestion. Have not had any since.

Rhinelander is probably the worst tasting I have had...

Old 10-03-2011, 02:48 AM   #1257
Unibrow
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 9

sam adams cherry wheat = worse than mike's hard lemonade

I enjoy every other Sam Adams product for the most part, but cherry wheat is unspeakably bad.

http://brewzak.wordpress.com/

Old 10-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #1258
Misfit
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

That's why we dont speak of it. By speaking of it you have made it stronger. The evil grows.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:27 AM   #1259
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2716 Times on 2101 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Lol...well played

Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 PM   #1260
Charlieatthedisco
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts