In the dog house - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > In the dog house

Old 09-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #21
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4765 Times on 3217 Posts

Whatever. I know when I was a kid if I had found beer sitting out unprotected I probably would have snagged one too. I personally don't think it's a big deal. If THEY do, then they should have done something about it. It's not like you placed the beer on the fence line with a note saying that you were leaving for a while.

They would have had a right to be upset at you if you OFFERED him the beer.

Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
DevilsCreekBrewing
Recipes 

Sep 2009
Cambridge Ontario
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

You could also tell your wife her friends can't bring over shiatty beer anymore. If it was a case of Westy 12, you would have remembered right away to bring in the remnants, but a case of Bud Lime is easy, no, a MUST to block out of your mind.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:05 AM   #23
Daybis
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2009
Columbus, MS
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I love parents who have children that can't do anything wrong and it's always someone else's fault little Johnny did something wrong. I honestly think you did nothing wrong. What if you were to set beer on the curb for trash pickup and the kid went through your garbage? At some point, the kid broke the law for trespassing. I also think it's very passive aggressive to have sent an e-mail instead of coming to talk about it in person. I lose respect for those who can't confront me in person during situations like this. If I were them, I would have punished my son, apologized to you for his mistake, and I have bought you some beer as a replacement.

However, I would apologize to the wife for leaving the beer out, but I would in no way apologize for the kid stealing the beer.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #24
PDawg
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Clarksvlle, TN
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

It is a singular beer? One?,,,geez,,,,With all the excited people you would think he took a van load of crack. OH I get it its cause his parents don't want him hitting the BMC. Ok totally justified then. NOT.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #25
JoshuaWhite5522
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Puyallup, WA
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Well on the bright side the wife is talking to me again. I did apologize to her for not bringing the beer in as she asked, and told her what I think for her friend. I also conceeded to not say anything to her friend, which is fine as long as I don't see that little bastard poking around my place. I do have some choice words for this woman, but since my wife dosen't want to rock the boat between the two of them I'll keeo quiet for now

My Keezer Build

My Kegbot Over 1000 pints poured!

Old 09-15-2010, 12:07 PM   #26
carrotmalt
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaWhite5522 View Post
I did apologize to her for not bringing the beer in as she asked, and told her what I think for her friend. I also conceeded to not say anything to her friend, which is fine as long as I don't see that little bastard poking around my place.
Well played.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #27
BubbaK
Recipes 

Jan 2009

I'd be more upset at myself for leaving beer sitting on the patio for a few days not keeping cold. Even if its crappy beer, its still good enough for guests that don't know any better..

I probably wouldn't have apologized to my wife for not listening to her either... maybe thats why I don't get any

A longtime friend or not, they wouldn't be welcome in my house without an apology for acting like that. I think my wife would tell her friend where to go.. I wouldn't have to get in the middle of that one..

Old 09-15-2010, 05:54 PM   #28
kjung
Recipes 

Apr 2008
Chicago Area
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

My .02.....
1) Blame whoever left the BMC. Not only did they dis-respect you for bringing tasteless swill, they compunded the insult by leaving it!
2) The neighbor is 100% completely in the wrong. An e mail is a cowardly way to confront you about it, and her kid was in the wrong in the first place for trespassing. If I had done something like that, I would have gotten my a$$ whupped!
3) Yes, you should have put the beer away, but IMO, that was the least of the offenses...and if your friends had the common courtesy to at least take it with them........

Old 09-15-2010, 11:41 PM   #29
GoldMiner
Recipes 

Aug 2009
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

Do you think your wife and her friend may have experimented together in high school?

This may be the perfect opportunity to ask for a threesome.

Just sayin'.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:51 PM   #30
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2007
Huntington Beach
Liked 494 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjung View Post
Blame whoever left the BMC. Not only did they dis-respect you for bringing tasteless swill, they compunded the insult by leaving it!

winner