In the dog house - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > In the dog house

Old 09-14-2010, 03:46 AM   #1
JoshuaWhite5522
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Puyallup, WA
Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts

Yup thats where I've managed to land myself. So a little background, over the weeked the wife and I had a party at our place. Some friends of mine brought their own beer (they haven't come around from the BMC scene yet), and left a partly opened case on my patio. They following morning when I was cleaning up, my wife asked me to bring it in. Which I forgot to do. We were out of town the rest of the weekend, and the beer sat on my patio. Well at some point while we were gone, our nighbor's son decided to take one of the beers. Or neighbor is a long time friend of my wife (They've known each other since highschool), and was not happy with this. She wrote my wife a nasty e-mail which I haven't seen, but has aparently upset my wife enough for her to chew my ass when she got home, then lock herself in the bedroom. Now granted I should not have left the beer out, but where does her friend get off yelling at her becase her son cannot respect presonal property? Would she yell at the grocery store manager if her son stole a candy bar? I guess it's easier to lool for someone else to place the blame on rater than admit that your son is a delinquent.....

My Keezer Build

My Kegbot Over 1000 pints poured!

Old 09-14-2010, 03:57 AM   #2
bad coffee

Recipes 

Jun 2008
NYC
Liked 480 Times on 469 Posts

How old was the kid?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Wtf was chasing you for an hour? Buy a gun already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I'm a meat hunter. PKU.

Old 09-14-2010, 03:57 AM   #3
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Yup, that's what people do best, blame others for their failure. Grab your old lady and make her read this, then demand an apology.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #4
Germelli1
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Blacksburg/Herndon, VA
Liked 37 Times on 37 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
Grab your old lady and make her read this, then demand an apology and buttsecks.
fixed

Old 09-14-2010, 04:01 AM   #5
JoshuaWhite5522

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Puyallup, WA

BC- The kid is young, but old enough that beers are for adults, and to know that it is wrong to steal.

WW- maybe but I'll let her cool down a bit before I share my opinions

My Keezer Build

Old 09-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #6
AZ_IPA
PKU

Recipes 

Jun 2008
The Cold Part of AZ
Liked 9065 Times on 7218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germelli1 View Post
fixed
you win the interwebz!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #7
KCBrewer
Fat Brad

Recipes 

Feb 2010
Independence, MO
Liked 1843 Times on 1714 Posts

Let me get this straight. The neighbor kid trespassed onto YOUR property, stole YOUR property, the parent had the nerve to scold your wife for having beer on YOUR property, and you are in the dog house?

If this was a true friend, they would have apologized for the kid stealing your beer, and made the kid apologize as well. If they want to go the ******* route, I'd call the cops and press charges on the little bastard for trespassing, theft, and minor in possesion. It's doubtful with a parent like that, but maybe it would help them realize which party was in the wrong here.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:35 AM   #8
JoshuaWhite5522

Recipes 

Jan 2009
Puyallup, WA

KC- I think you've summed it up pretty well. I'll point this out to her later. More important than picking ones battles is timing ones battles

My Keezer Build

Old 09-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #9
robinfresno
Recipes 

Oct 2008

Tell her that your neighbors owe you a beer. Keep the email she sent btw. You never know if you'll need it in the future. Hopefully he doesn't start stealing more than beer. Any parent that is going to blame you and not their son is the sort that probably doesn't know 99% of what their son is up to. Maybe get a nice dog and teach it to protect beer. Belgian malinois are great beer protectors.

Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #10
northernlad
Recipes 

Aug 2009
NW
Liked 29 Times on 23 Posts

If your wife was right in this I would say let her cool off before you present your side, but she is wrong in the most complete way. Keep the email, grab the biggest "rubber mallet" you have and start hitting all the women involved in this in the forehead.
The kid trespassed and stole from you. Lets see how that holds up against his drinking a beer.
Oh, and ban this irrational f'ed up "friend" of your wife's from your home. No man needs that kind of drama.