Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Automatic capping machine
Old 09-07-2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Automatic capping machine

We are doing marketing research of a class. We are designing a cheaper automatic capping machine. We have a few questions if you guys don't mind answering them.

What would you be willing to pay for a machine? $100?
Would you want it electric or pneumatic?
Would you want a safety guard on it?

Logan Wiley

Old 09-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Da Geek
Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I can't see an automatic capper that cost 100 bucks being worth it. I mean is it a feeder or is it hand held or what? Not really enough information to understand what you mean.

What I would like though is a capper with an auto feed like a stapler. Sanitize your caps, feed them into a tube of some kind, stick it on a bench style capper and start capping.

A better bench style capper with some kind of bottle form fitting adapter (by bottle type/size). So you can just push the bottle into the capper instead of having to line it up would be nice too.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!
Old 09-07-2010, 10:37 PM   #3
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I have an automatic capper... it's called 'my wife'!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:52 PM   #4
Liked 34 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I read this thread, then looked across the room at my Dillon 550-B ( )and started thinking. What if you had multiple stations with one operation performed at each station? Maybe manually insert a bottle at station 1 and pull a lever to fill it, then manually turn the platform to move it to the next station, insert a bottle at station 1, pull the lever again to fill that bottle and simultaneously perform the next action on the previous bottle (maybe inject a shot of CO2, or place a cap on top, or crimp the cap - could have 3 or 4 stations with a different action performed at each with each pull of the lever, like the Dillon reloader. You'd have to work out a different way of collecting the finished bottles than what the Dillon uses to collect the loaded cartridges, though.