Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Bottling/Kegging > Experience with CornyKeg.com?

Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #1
Naked_Eskimo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Experience with CornyKeg.com?

Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with cornykeg.com? From their site, it appears they sell pin-lock kegs reconditioned with the locks replaced by ball-lock connectors.

Not sure whether there is anything to be concerned about with regards to having the locks switched out with regards to reliability/longevity etc?

Any experience with the quality of the kegs and the service?

Old 09-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #2
GLWIII
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I have some pin lock kegs, fittings, taps, the whole works from them and have not had any problems. As to the particulars you list about switching out pin locks, I can't really comment on that.

I don't live too far from them so I walked in and got a de facto tour of the place as the owner was collecting what I needed and I tagged along. He was great to work with and the prices are pretty good. I'll definitely be going back to him if the need arises.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:43 AM   #3
Mackster
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I bought a pair about siz months ago. I have had about a dozen batches pass hrough them. They work great! The converted kegs are about four inches shorter than pepsi kegs and a little wider. If you can find corny's on craigslist they can be cheaper, but their products are fine. My two cost about 70 buck a piece after shipping and tax.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 AM   #4
Redhawk96
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I have bought a dozen kegs from them over the last two years as i've ramped up my bewing. they are right down the street from me, so I usually call ahead and pop in to pick up my orders the next day. I have also bought my CO2 distributor and many fittings from them. I have only had problems with one keg, and they swapped it out for me no charge.

They do sell a "compressable" gasket for the lids, which is much easier to get a good seal when you pressurize your kegs. They are $1 each, and I have replaced all of my lid gaskets with these.