I just completed my trial run for my first brew day next Saturday.
So far, I have made an IC (50 feet 3/8OD) and a fermentation cooler out of a coleman 120qt cooler, using Foamular insulation for the top. Today I wanted to do a dry run to test out how long things would take, and get an oxide layer on my pot and IC.
First I soaked my IC in my brewpot with some PBW for 30 mins or so, then brought 6.5g new water to a boil in my turkey fryer and boiled my IC for 30 minutes to build up an oxide layer.
Just as a test, I ran water through the IC when I was done, and I went from 200 degrees to 80 in about 8 minutes. I am still amazed at how fast it worked.
I am extremely excited about my first brew day next weekend. I will be brewing an APA, a recipe I came up with myself. Thanks for the help I have received from everyone!