Woo hoo! Finally got 'er done! (well... the thermostat's LCD display didn't work correctly so I had to disconnect it, will get a new one after the holiday)
Before I did another batch I wanted to take care of my ferment temp control issue. I also got a deal on a turkey fryer kit so I can step up to full boils now, as well.
A HUGE thank you to the original plans (www.wortomatic.com
) and to my FIL.
Note: I (and the FIL, who is a carpenter by trade) HIGHLY
suggest not using 1/4" wood for the skin like previous plans. It is way too thin and is difficult to piece together by just gluing. We used 5/8" and basically built a cabinet shell around the chiller and that worked perfect.... plus it looks a HELLUVA lot better.
Here are the pics:
And my other resent acquisition:
Woo hoo again!