Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk Forums > HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Feedback > How do I "bookmark" a thread?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:29 PM   #1
JerseyBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default How do I "bookmark" a thread?

As I've begun to use the site, I've come across threads with interesting recipes that I'd like to try or perhaps a technique I'd like to try. However, I'm commonly at work when I've found the interesting tid-bit and want to be able to quickly come back to the thread when I get home where I can do something with the information.

Is there anyway to bookmark a thread?

Old 09-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #2
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

You can "tag" a thread by posting in it then go back to your replies and find it that way.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 09-03-2010, 07:33 PM   #3
TomSD
Da Geek
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Actually if it is useful thread you can prost it and it will show up in your prosted threads list too. Probably better if you post a lot or want to keep them visible more long term.

Johnson Controller rewire
| Keezer (FCM7SUWW) build | Love Controller box build | Soda Syrups/Concentrates

God is an imaginary friend for grownups., Walter Crewes (Morgan Freeman), The Big Bounce

Don't be afraid to ask dumb questions they're easier to handle than dumb mistakes!

Old 09-03-2010, 07:41 PM   #4
Hang Glider
Beer Drinker
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 121

You CAN do it! Here's how:

Under the "Prost this thread" button, you can see some choices:

LinkBack ThreadTools SearchThisThread etc.

ThreadTools drop down menu contains "Subscribe to this thread" - click it.

You will get e-mails everytime someone posts to this thread, so to manage that, go to UserCP (ControlPanel) on the far left, and handle your e-mail settings.

Now, when you are ready to check that recipe later, go to UserCP (far left) then you should have the option to see Subscribed Threads (far right) - choose from the list and voila! you're there.

Old 09-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #5
JerseyBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSD View Post
Actually if it is useful thread you can prost it and it will show up in your prosted threads list too. Probably better if you post a lot or want to keep them visible more long term.
Where is "your prosted threads list"? And what is a "prosted" thread anyway?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hang Glider View Post
You CAN do it! Here's how:

Under the "Prost this thread" button, you can see some choices:

LinkBack ThreadTools SearchThisThread etc.

ThreadTools drop down menu contains "Subscribe to this thread" - click it.

You will get e-mails everytime someone posts to this thread, so to manage that, go to UserCP (ControlPanel) on the far left, and handle your e-mail settings.

Now, when you are ready to check that recipe later, go to UserCP (far left) then you should have the option to see Subscribed Threads (far right) - choose from the list and voila! you're there.
Outstanding! I tried this and really like this method... I'm still trying to learn this forum but so far I'm very impressed and really like it. I can see me spending endless hours tweaking my profile, responding to threads (and creating them too)... Not so sure about the animated Smilies - too AOL for me.

Thanks for the help!

Old 09-03-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Start using Delicious.com for ALL of your bookmarks.

It's a "social bookmark" site. Anything I'm interested in, I bookmark to there and then can get to it later from home, work, my iPad, someone else's computer, etc. Works great.

I tag my bookmarks so I can sort through them later. It's more like a bookmarkroll, because I've been using it for years and I can look back at something I posted three years ago and remember what sort of stuff I was into at the time. Pretty good service.

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:04 AM   #7
aussierescue
Recipes 

Thats right dums questions are easy to handle, if i have question related to dumps i ask you:-)
dishwashers