"Like, oh my gosh lil jon drinks it!" ...? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > "Like, oh my gosh lil jon drinks it!" ...?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:48 AM   #1
MrWiggles
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Tuscaloosa, Al
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

So the other day I go to have dinner with SWMBO after she got off of work at a local restaurant here in town. While we are sitting at the bar one of her coworkers is rambling about nonsense the whole time right in between us. She's going on and on about how shes running on adderall and coffee since she hasn't slept in two days, even though she kept saying that she doesnt take medicine. Aparantly she doesnt take medicine thats prescribed to her or used in a way to benefit her health. So she goes on about how her friend did this or how she wants to try that, all of which were abuses of medicine. One was 'robotripping' (although she didnt know the term) on robitussin, and taking ambien but staying awake through it to hallucinate. I try to get words in like "thats really bad for your liver" and "I knew some people that tried that once (ambien) and they spent 3 hours puking their guts out". But she was too hopped up on speed to let me get a word in. I gave up when she got to this gem.
"Oh em Gee! Like, did you know that you can, like, get trashed if you put hydrocodeine in, like, a glass and, like, put sprite and jolly-ranchers in with it? Lil Jon and all the rappers do that! I wanna, like, try it this weekend with my boyfriend!" ...ok you do that. But have fun waiting for those pills to dissolve cause your doin it wrong... My God, purple drink (named for the promethazine codeine syrup, which is red or purple) has been around for YEARS and if anything, lil jon and the others have already moved on. Bah! it annoys me so much, this rich kid from the suburbs born with a silver spoon in her mouth, in a sorority dating a frat guy, does everything she can to be ignorant and destroy her body. Then, has to take speed and/or coke just to be able to do all of the homework that she didnt do while she was getting trashed.
So many things happen around me every day (here in the college town at least) that do nothing but reaffirm my decision to give up on humanity. The only things that keep me sane are my friends 650 miles away, SWMBO, and this subculture of homebrewing I've recently found myself in.
Bah, sorry bout the rant but I can only take so much.

(BTW, mods, if I need to edit some things out of here just let me know)

I took up nuclear physics instead.
Broom Closet Brews

Primary: Empty :(

Clearing Apfelwein

Bottled: Apfelwein mit Pfirschen, Mild w/orange&chocolate

R.I.P. Bareknuckle Brown, Witzbold Weizen

Old 09-02-2010, 02:12 AM   #2
HalfPint
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Houston
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

Sounds like a lame night. However, don't misinform us by putting a title that makes us think that lil jon may be drinking some homebrew/craft brew out of his sparkling jelly jar!

Old 09-02-2010, 02:24 AM   #3
lumpher
Recipes 

Jul 2009
texas
Liked 264 Times on 225 Posts

isn't off-the-wall ranting that no one wants to hear what facebook is for? that's why i'm not even on there...

Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 AM   #4
Soulrebel
Recipes 

Oct 2008
Lakehead, Ca
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Dont give Mr Wiggles any ****, you are the one that expected quality content from a thread with Lil Jon in the title. Rant on dude, we all need to let off a little steam. Stick with the homebrew and stay away from the pillz, not to be confused with Pils.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
Shooter
Almaigan Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2008
Dublin (No, not that Dublin)
Liked 271 Times on 209 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulrebel View Post
Dont give Mr Wiggles any ****, you are the one that expected quality content from a thread with Lil Jon in the title. Rant on dude, we all need to let off a little steam. Stick with the homebrew and stay away from the pillz, not to be confused with Pils.
It is in Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling after all!
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. - C. S. Lewis, English essayist & juvenile novelist (1898 - 1963)

Old 09-02-2010, 04:22 AM   #6
ChshreCat
Recipes 

Aug 2008
Camano Island, Washington
Liked 539 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher View Post
isn't off-the-wall ranting that no one wants to hear what facebook is for? that's why i'm not even on there...
That's not why you're in the "Drunken Ramblings" forum? Go look at past posts. This ain't nuthing! The drunken ranting post is a time honored tradition in this forum!

Preach on, Brother Wiggles!

Old 09-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #7
MrWiggles
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Tuscaloosa, Al
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

To halfpint's comment, that would be classic.
And to lumpher, I honestly dont check my facebook but about once a month if even that. I've only been on there recently to change my status to reflect my brewing.
And soulrebel, I read you loud and clear. I have never been one to abuse prescription meds, that is by far one of the dumbest ways to try to get a buzz IMO.
And to everyone else, thanks for understanding my frustration. It's just really hard for me to understand why people do the things they do sometimes. Probably why I was on the fence about being an anthropology major (opted for german and international relations)

I took up nuclear physics instead.
Broom Closet Brews

Primary: Empty :(

Clearing Apfelwein

Bottled: Apfelwein mit Pfirschen, Mild w/orange&chocolate

R.I.P. Bareknuckle Brown, Witzbold Weizen

Old 09-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
HalfPint
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Houston
Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts

Don't get me wrong, I've ranted enough in my days here on the forum, but I had high hopes for Lil Jon that were crushed by this post.

Lol.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:53 AM   #9
Zul'jin
Recipes 

Jan 2008
South of most States
Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts

Was she hot?

Old 09-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Homercidal
Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Feb 2008
Reed City, MI
Liked 4764 Times on 3216 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zul'jin View Post
Was she hot?
That's what I was thinking! Get her all messed up on her drugs, then have a 3-way with her. I think she'd really appreciate it.