New Glarus Moon Man Clone Help - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > New Glarus Moon Man Clone Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #11
pvtschultz
Recipes 
 
Feb 2010
New Berlin, Wisconsin
Posts: 457
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts


I'm not an IPA/hop-head, but I love this Moon Man by NG. Any chance that you've tried brewing this BrewNinja?
__________________
Brewing: Amber Ale, Dunkel
Drinking: Sour Brown, Schlitz...
On Deck: Berliner Weisse, Spotted Cow Clone, CAP...
2016 Gallons Brewed: 10 :(
Gallons Brewed '11-'15: 319

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f170/pvt...inally-298407/

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:03 PM   #12
BrewNinja1
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Cross Plains, WI
Posts: 326
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Nope...everytime I find Riwaka in stock, by the time I get an order together its gone. Someday maybe.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:41 PM   #13
incutrav
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Woodbury
Posts: 60
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I messaged Dan before for help with a Black Wheat clone. He all but gave me the recipe. He told me the hops in Moon Man when i talked to hime last summer at the brewery, and Riwaka or whatever was deff. not one of them. Cascase, amarillo and a couple others. Great guy.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #14
BrewNinja1
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Cross Plains, WI
Posts: 326
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Are we talking about the same Dan Carey? He has always been extremely tight lipped about his brews and never willing to share too much info. The listed hops in my first post were from another forum where someone who went on a tour got the info from a brewmaster. Im not saying they are right or wrong...just what someone else was told.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #15
incutrav
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Woodbury
Posts: 60
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Same Dan Carey. I messaged him on BA, and I had a response in a couple hrs. For my black wheat,He gave me much of the grain bill, and said to culture some yeast from a bottle of Dancin Man to get the authentic yeast strain they use. He didnt seem 'tight lipped' to me. Not as open as say, Surly, who give out exact recipes for homebrewers though.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:41 AM   #16
Stout1
 
Stout1's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Oct 2010
Posts: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by incutrav View Post
I messaged Dan before for help with a Black Wheat clone. He all but gave me the recipe. He told me the hops in Moon Man when i talked to hime last summer at the brewery, and Riwaka or whatever was deff. not one of them. Cascase, amarillo and a couple others. Great guy.
So, do you have any more details on this? I've been waiting patiently for New Zealand to finish up their hop harvest. I've never used Riwaka, but from the descriptions. it's one I definitely will be trying soon. Either way, I would really love to have some Moon Man on tap at home, so if you can give any more detail it would be greatly appreciated.
__________________
Relax!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #17
14thstreet
Recipes 
 
Apr 2009
Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 407
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by incutrav View Post
Same Dan Carey. I messaged him on BA, and I had a response in a couple hrs. For my black wheat,He gave me much of the grain bill, and said to culture some yeast from a bottle of Dancin Man to get the authentic yeast strain they use. He didnt seem 'tight lipped' to me. Not as open as say, Surly, who give out exact recipes for homebrewers though.
incutrav, any chance you'd be able to share your knowledge? I really liked Black Wheat when it was available. Thanks in advance!
__________________
Fermenters: Helles, Oktoberfest
Bottled: Old Peculier, Dopplebock, Belgian ale with homemade candi syrup (2 varieties), Berliner weisse
Kegs: Bitter
On Deck: Hefeweizen

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:20 PM   #18
incutrav
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Woodbury
Posts: 60
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by 14thstreet View Post
incutrav, any chance you'd be able to share your knowledge? I really liked Black Wheat when it was available. Thanks in advance!
Maybe Dan just likes me? Ive messaged him three times, and every time have received a fast and appropriate response. BA automatically purged the message from Dan that had the Black Wheat help! I should have printed it, but i do have the recipe at home, so i can throw it on here one of these nights.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #19
JRdaSconnie
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Sugar Camp, WI
Posts: 18

I'd love to see the clone work out because Moon Man turned me on to hoppy brews. A friend in my brew club brewed NB's "Jamil's Evil Twin" and it tasted in the ballpark of MM.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 12:35 AM   #20
borden
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
Posts: 312
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by incutrav View Post
Maybe Dan just likes me? Ive messaged him three times, and every time have received a fast and appropriate response. BA automatically purged the message from Dan that had the Black Wheat help! I should have printed it, but i do have the recipe at home, so i can throw it on here one of these nights.
Digging up this thread because DEAR GOD I would love to see that Black Wheat clone recipe. Please, please share if you can find it!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey Upper-Midwest, help me formulate a crack'd wheat (New Glarus) clone snailsongs Recipes/Ingredients 15 05-21-2011 04:08 PM
New Glarus Totally Naked clone? MrLucky13 Recipes/Ingredients 5 11-27-2010 02:31 PM
Blue Moon - Honey Moon Clone Recipe limprizol Recipes/Ingredients 2 01-25-2010 03:36 PM
Help with a Honey moon clone.... newguy Recipes/Ingredients 2 07-26-2008 04:00 PM
New Glarus Spotted Cow Clone?? TandEBrews Recipes/Ingredients 10 04-07-2006 10:37 PM


Forum Jump