Keg Connection New Inline Flow Control Valve Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Free bottles...FOREVER!
Old 08-29-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Default Free bottles...FOREVER!

So, I occasionally work at a craft beer bar here in the city. (Yea, you can see where this is going.) Last week I came to sudden realization. Instead of trolling Craigslist for bottles, I could just not be an idiot and save the ones I throw away at work. I told my other bartenders/server to save me any brown bottles and put them aside for me. Within 30 minutes I had 50 bottles lined up. At this point, I also realize that at said restaurant I have access to a commercial washer/sanitizer machine. I proceed to wash and san everything, and walk home with two cases of 12oz beer bottles. I plan on doing this bi-monthly. Kinda feel like an idiot for not thinking of this before.

"Dad always thought laughter was the best medicine, which I guess is why several of us died of tuberculosis"

Originally Posted by Suthrncomfrt1884 View Post

I know one thing... if there's a depression and beer companies go out of business... I'm selling my homebrew.
Huckleberry Brewing

Pride of the Northside
Old 08-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #2
Liked 57 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 38

What a great idea. Maybe I can try something like this at a few places around here.

"There is no strong beer, only weak men"
"Pretty women make us BUY beer, ugly women make us DRINK beer" - Al Bundy
"Give a man a beer, he'll drink for a day. Teach a man to brew, he'll be drunk for the rest of his life."

Primary: Viking Metal, Berliner Weisse
Kegged: Oaked English Mild, Modus Hoperandi
Bottled: None
Notable Empties: Oaked Black IIPA, BBK I, Red IIPA, Burning Bush, Apophis "The Destroyer", Vanilla Porter
On-Deck: Hobbit Ale, The Titan BW, Ale of Olympus
Old 08-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
Beer Gnome
Liked 547 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Most bars will gladly give you bottles. So will beer drinkers who normally recycle them or toss them out. There's a lot of useful stuff you can get if you just ask. I read on here that a lot of people were having trouble getting stuff to store their bottles in, and were buying all kinds of containers. I went to a local wine/beer store and asked if I could have a few of their boxes with sturdy dividers in them. They were happy to get rid of them, and they work perfect for storing beer bottles. Instead of buying a bottle tree I put a clean towel on the bottom of the box, put the divider in, and turned the bottles upside down. Viola, drying rack.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I tryed this at a couple local bars in my areas. The bartenders said they would but they already had a company that comes around collecting all the bottles, which they pay the bar. I just spread the word to my friends and have recently told them all to hold off on the bottles as I have too many
QUOTE: "i wanna brew so bad ive got brewballs!" by Rycov