A Tricky question regarding when to bottle.
I made a noob mistake, I transferred to secondary before the Krausen was done Krausening. That is, prematurely. I have no idea what this means, and I can not find the answer in any book.
My inaugural batch sits in the "Secondary" fermenter. A brown layer of Krausen sits upon it. I don't know whether to wait the standard two weeks of secondary or pull it out after two weeks total. To clarify, a chart:
Friday: Brewed, placed in Primary
Wednesday: Overeager, transferred to secondary. Still thick krausen on top.
Thursday: New Krausen develops
Week One over.
Friday: Bubbles and Still a Krausen Layer
Satuday: Bubbles and Still a Krausen Layer
Sunday: Bubbles and Still a Krausen Layer
Monday: Today! Bubbles and Still a Krausen Layer
So do I treat it like a standard primary batch and bottle this Friday, which would be two weeks total in fermentation, or do I go two weeks from the date it was placed in secondary.
Your help, as always, is appreciated.
Primary: Awaiting Wine
Bottle Conditioning: Hank's Hefeweizen