New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes Homebrew Forum > New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
jtlawlor
Recipes 
 
Oct 2009
Aurora, IL
Posts: 168
Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts


Congrats Ed! It was a good time, I am amazed at the turn out... I would guess around 25? Good to know that there are that many brewers in the area!

I am very much looking forward to future events!


John.
__________________
Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #12

Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
skybrew
Recipes 
 
Oct 2007
Western burbs of Chicago
Posts: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb View Post
Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!
I PM'd the recipe to you.

I guess next meeting we are going to have to say who is who on this board at the meeting. The only reason I figured out it was Ed was because he uses his name.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Augie
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Plainfield, IL
Posts: 175
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


I wish I cold start making these, but with my job its almost impossible with travel and working midnights

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
Cheapspkrs111
Recipes 
 
Aug 2010
Minooka
Posts: 36

Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??
__________________
I love me some Home Brew!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
FermentEd
 
FermentEd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Plainfield, IL
Posts: 142
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapspkrs111 View Post
Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Check us out at www.palebrewers.org

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Augie
Recipes 
 
Mar 2008
Plainfield, IL
Posts: 175
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
FermentEd
 
FermentEd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Plainfield, IL
Posts: 142
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.
When you get to Limestone just ask the hostess to direct you to the homebrew club meeting. We may be meeting in a different room than previous meetings. Bring some homebrew to share if you have any, otherwise no worries. We are still working on the agenda for the meeting. Some of the topics will be Learn to Homebrew Day, club logo design contest and the holiday social event. No pressure - just come out to meet fellow homebrewers and have a good time. Limestone offers 20% discount on food to club members. I suggest you email us at [email protected] so we can put you on our mailing list.
Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
rgauthier20420
Recipes 
 
Sep 2012
Posts: 769
Liked 69 Times on 57 Posts


Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
FermentEd
 
FermentEd's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Nov 2005
Plainfield, IL
Posts: 142
Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgauthier20420 View Post
Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey
Hi Rickey –

We used to meet at Limestone Brewing Company until they closed last March. We are in the process of finding a permanent meeting place. We have been meeting at the Bolingbrook golf club until our last meeting which was at Solemn Oath Brewing in Naperville. Next month we will meet at Mickey O'Neill's Irish Pub @ 24102 W. Lockport Street in Plainfield. We meet the first Thursday of every month at 7pm. The next meeting is on October 4th. I will guarantee that we will have a crowd on hand as we have over 130 members (although we typically have 60-70 attend meetings) and the space we’ll be in is nice but a little tight for that many people. I suggest you get there early and introduce yourself to Chris our president or me (Ed). There is a ton of information at our website: http://www.palebrewers.org/

We look forward to seeing you there!
Cheers!

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brew Club in Wilmington Ohio Area BrewinJay Great Lakes Homebrew Forum 19 07-30-2015 02:58 PM
Want a homebrew club in Valdosta, Ga Bill1968 South East Homebrew Forum 27 10-12-2014 06:09 PM
Any C.R.A.B.S. members? (Md homebrew club) jmulligan North East Homebrew Forum 20 12-20-2012 11:11 PM
Seattle Area homebrew club? Laurel North West Homebrew Forum 17 10-28-2010 11:22 PM
Homebrew Club in W.Palm/Jupiter Area? landhoney South East Homebrew Forum 2 02-08-2008 01:53 AM


Forum Jump