Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area

Old 08-26-2010, 10:44 AM   #1
FermentEd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area

Hey Guys,

Some of us west/southwest Chicago burb brewers are pulling together a New Homebrew Club.

If you’re a homebrewer from Plainfield, Naperville, Oswego, Joliet, Aurora, Bolingbrook or anywhere in between and beyond, please join us at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 9th at Limestone Brewing Company (12337 S Route 59 Plainfield, IL 60585).

You can bring samples of your homebrews and meet local fellow homebrewers. We will discuss aspects related to forming this new club, such as: club name (we’ll be looking for some creative suggestions from you!), club officers, club activities, future events, contests, etc.

Limestone Brewing Company is offering a 20% discount on food items! Meet Ken McMullen, Limestone’s Brewmaster. Enjoy an evening out and be part of something new!

If you are interested, reply here or contact us at our temporary email: plainfieldbrewclub@gmail.com

Old 08-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #2
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Will be there!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:15 PM   #5
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts

Great turnout - glad to see there were a few guys from this board that made it out

Old 09-30-2010, 03:41 PM   #7
Ampsonic
Recipes 

Hello! Are there any more details on this club? I'm a new homebrewer in this area.

Old 10-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

We're in the process of organizing the club. Currently we are meeting on the second Thursday of every month. Our next meeting is Thursday October 14th at 7:00 PM. at Limestone Brewing Company in Plainfield, IL. Come and check us out. You can also contact us at plainfieldbrewclub@gmail.com. Hope to see you at our next meeting!
Cheers!

Old 10-15-2010, 02:39 PM   #9
skybrew
Recipes 

Ed,
I had a great time last night!
Thanks for all the work you have done so far and Congratulations on being elected the President.

Old 10-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #10
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skybrew View Post
Ed,
I had a great time last night!
Thanks for all the work you have done so far and Congratulations on being elected the President.
Thanks so much Rick. It was a pleasure meeting you. The honey wheat you brought was excellent! I'm really looking forward to future events with the club. Maybe P.A.L.E. and the Headhunters can combine efforts to sponsor some activities.