Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > BMC...the switch-a-roo

Old 08-19-2010, 07:17 PM   #21
olllllo
[]-O-[]
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 13

The other day I got 3/4 s of a Four Peaks ESB right as the keg blew and got it no charge. Went to a Homebrew meeting and then to Taste of Tops afterward wherein I got 3/4 of a Festina de Peche for free.

Luck day!

That's how you're supposed to do it. Give it for free,

Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #22
jgln
Recipes 

Liked 53 Times on 41 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by billvon View Post
I agree, it's unlikely; A-B Inbev has one of the strongest quality control systems in the business. I've heard other rumors like this, including this one from Snopes:

"Keystone Light is the exact same beer as Coors Light, it's just that the cans have been rejected by Coors because they've been dented."
You know what? EVERY single can of Keystone Light I have EVER purchased had a dent.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:23 PM   #23
remilard
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo View Post
The other day I got 3/4 s of a Four Peaks ESB right as the keg blew and got it no charge. Went to a Homebrew meeting and then to Taste of Tops afterward wherein I got 3/4 of a Festina de Peche for free.

Luck day!

That's how you're supposed to do it. Give it for free,
I got a 120 minute and a Golden Monkey for free on the same night in the great state of Delaware. It was at a bar where they didn't know me. I guess the bartender thought I was inconvenienced because I ordered two beers in a row they were out of and so I deserved a $6 Golden Monkey and whatever the heck 120 minute goes for on draught in return.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #24
ghpeel
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwomp313 View Post
Also, on a different occasion we did a coors lite vs keystone lite and we decided that we're pretty sure Coors just packs the same beer into the two different cans and sells one for more money.
Went to college with an older dude who was an engineer for Coors in the early 90's. He would tell anyone who would listen that they would pour Coors and Keystone straight from the same tanks. The company knew how to maximize profits in a given quarter by selling more of one or the other, but it was all the same "beer".

Also, he said that 90+% of the research money there went into figuring out how to get the aluminum cans as thin and inexpensive as possible, instead of doing anything with the actual beer itself.

Kegged: Dunkelweizen
Primary: American Pale Ale

Old 08-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #25
johntangus
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

This sorta reminds me of going to a bar with a few $$ in my pocket and ordering a Natural Light (yes i was that broke) on draught. It tasted like vinegar so strongly that i couldn't drink it. I sent it back and ordered a diet coke instead. Then some loser came in and sat at the table next to us, ordered a nattie light and happily chugged it down.

And as a side note to an earlier post - I have never received the correct beer at a BW3. I ordered a SNPA the last two times I went. The first time I received a PBR and the next time I received a SN Summerfest. Which would've been good if I had known what it was and had actually ordered it. Either they thought I wouldn't notice or wouldn't say anything.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:29 PM   #26
FromZwolle
Recipes 

Liked 50 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 2

last time i was at bw3 (gift card), i ordered the one beer they had that i could stomach=newcastle. got a michelob amber bock instead. not pleased, but not surprised either.

Old 08-20-2010, 07:35 PM   #27
overdrive
Recipes 

That's weird. I've never gotten the wrong beer at any restaurant.