I'm Stuck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roudy

Reaction score
This was my first homebrew where I was going to be out of town for much of the fermentation, and now I'm regretting the decision. I am making the AHS clone of Green Flash West Coast IPA (partial mash version). Because of a fairly high OG of ~1.085 I double pitched the batch with White Labs WLP001. At 72 hours I did not observe any action. I removed the lid measured the gravity (it had not moved) and aerated with an aquarium pump and airstone for about 10 minutes. About 24 hours later I was getting some action so I left town thinking it was doing OK. I returned on day ten to find the gravity at 1.047 - yikes. Unfortunately I was leaving town hours later again and have now returned on day 14 to find the gravity unchanged at 1.047. What are my options? Should I pitch more yeast to get this thing unstuck? I've often dry pitched S-04 in the past with IPA's with great results.

Roudy

im no professional, but i believe i would gently stir up the yeast and maybe bring to a warmer location to get things going.

Back