I love cooking with beer (I have a beer stew in the crock pot right now and last night I made beer bread).
What kind of things do you guys make with beer?
Here is my favorite recipe:
Potato Cheddar Beer Stew
- 4 potatoes
- 12 oz of beer (ales work best)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 lb stew meat
- salt and pepper
- 2 cup chopped or gratted cheddar
- in a pan fully cook the stew meat (a little pink is ok)
- scrub, peel, and chop potatoes
- in the crock pot, mix the beer and cream of mushroom soup with a wisk, add salt and pepper as desired
- add cheese, meat, and potatoes
- cook on low for about 5 hours
- Enjoy! I recommend drinking the same kind of beer you used in the stew
Let me know what you think of my recipe!
[Edit] whoops! Should have specified, this is a crock pot recipe! Also you can add more veggies if you want (carrots, celery, onions). And I've never actually written this recipe down until now, so the measurements are all just my best guesses.