Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > West Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Potomac Highlands

Old 08-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
ndhoffma
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Potomac Highlands

Im going to this event next weekend - anyone else on here going?
http://wvbeer.com/index.htm

Anyone else been before? Not really sure what to expect (minus the drinking part)

Old 08-07-2010, 10:29 PM   #2
machinelf
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 118

It's a great, mellow time! For the record though, it's not an open event--you have to be invited or come with someone who is. Basically just a nice camping spot on private property. The contest itself is very informal, and not a BJCP thing at all--no style categories, no fees, no scoresheets, etc... the judges just pick their favorite entry after a few rounds of eliminations. Folks know what they're talking about though, there are BJCP-trained folks there. And usually lots of wonderful beer too, of course.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
ndhoffma
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Yeah, my fiancee's friend's dad helps run the event, so that's how I got invited to go- wasn't aware it was a closed event.

Im looking forward to it - meeting people, drinking beer etc. Only brought one entry, but seeings as its my 1st contest, as long as they don't spit out my beer, Ill consider it a success

Old 08-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #4
machinelf
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 118

That's the spirit! I enter every time just so they have some fodder to eliminate, but I think I might have a dog or two in the hunt this year. If you see a camp site with a chessboard, stop by and say hey--I'll fill your glass. Which reminds me--bring a glass when you walk around, and a beer of your own to share too... buttering up the judges beforehand is part of the fun.