Beer Blog Pack? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Beer Blog Pack?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
dhoerr
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 23


Hello!

First of all I want to thank you all for putting so much information out there for people who are starting to homebrew. I've been lurking here over the past months as I've been considering picking up the hobby (lifestyle?)

I've launched a blog to record my journey and function as a brew log: http://beerandstuff.com I had kept a video game blog for a while and one of the most rewarding aspects of that was getting involved with a community of bloggers. Every month there would be a question/prompt sent out for everyone to respond to (or ignore if they didn't feel like it) and I was wondering if any such organization exists for brewing blogs or if there would be much interest in starting one. (something I'd be happy to spearhead)

Cheers!

dan



 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:07 PM   #2
DrawTap88
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
Joliet, IL
Posts: 1,066
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts


This guy's isn't so much about brewing, but drinking. Kinda out your way too.

Big Beer Guy

Then there's Northern Brewer's Blog.

I'm willing to maybe write a blog.


__________________
Fermenting: Nothing
Secondary: Nothing
Bottled: Oatmeal Porter, Double Chocolate Chipotle Porter
Kegged: IPA, Red Rye

Reason: Adding Link

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:36 PM   #3
Sigafoos
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Buffalo, NY
Posts: 847
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Ha: were you with bs angel's Blog Banter? There's been something like that for beer for quite a while, and I actually contacted her with the idea to make it more like this: behold The Session. August's entry is due tomorrow.

Quote:
Beer has been so tightly linked to geography throughout it's long history, we tend to forget. Many beer styles are named after the cities, countries, and regions they originally came from. Two of the best ways I've found to explore a new place are to run around in it, and to sample the beer from it. And like many in the craft beer community, I constantly exhort anyone who will listen to support their local brewery, while simultaneously seeking out beers from distant lands that are new, novel, and exotically foreign. The Session provides a unique opportunity to explore this connection between the beer in our glasses and the place it comes from with perspectives from all over the world

So I ask for this 42nd Session that you write about a special place in your life, and a beer or brewery that connects you to that place. It can be the beer from your childhood home, a place you once lived, your current hometown, a memorable vacation you once took, or a place you've always wanted to go to but never had the chance. Please take a few moments to think about the how the beer connects you to this place, and share this with us. Of course, the definition of "place" is rather open ended, and in some cases, highly debatable, so it will be interesting to see the responses on what constitutes a place.

You can either provide the link to your Session contribution with a comment to this post, or you can e-mail it to me at "derrickwp (at) earthlink (dot) net". E-mailed submissions in text form will be posted on this site with credit given to the author should anyone wish to participate this way.
__________________
Community Beer Works: a Buffalo, NY nanobrewery that is now open!

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #4
dhoerr
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigafoos View Post
Ha: were you with bs angel's Blog Banter? There's been something like that for beer for quite a while, and I actually contacted her with the idea to make it more like this: behold The Session. August's entry is due tomorrow.
Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

The blog pack I had been involved with previously was for Eve Online: http://www.crazykinux.com/2009/05/eve-blog-banters.html

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
stageseven
Recipes 
 
Mar 2009
Delaware
Posts: 395
Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoerr View Post
Hello!

First of all I want to thank you all for putting so much information out there for people who are starting to homebrew. I've been lurking here over the past months as I've been considering picking up the hobby (lifestyle?)

I've launched a blog to record my journey and function as a brew log: http://beerandstuff.com I had kept a video game blog for a while and one of the most rewarding aspects of that was getting involved with a community of bloggers. Every month there would be a question/prompt sent out for everyone to respond to (or ignore if they didn't feel like it) and I was wondering if any such organization exists for brewing blogs or if there would be much interest in starting one. (something I'd be happy to spearhead)

Cheers!

dan
I really like the concept of a monthly question to address. I'd be in if someone starts it up.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #6
chaydaw
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Germantown, MD
Posts: 237
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts


Where is MD are you Dan?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:03 PM   #7
Sigafoos
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Buffalo, NY
Posts: 847
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by dhoerr View Post
Awesome, this is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

The blog pack I had been involved with previously was for Eve Online: http://www.crazykinux.com/2009/05/eve-blog-banters.html
Oh, Eve Online. I have a special kind of reverence for that game, never having played it, of the kind of absolute insanity that takes place and the sheer cliff of a learning curve.
__________________
Community Beer Works: a Buffalo, NY nanobrewery that is now open!

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:07 PM   #8
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 
 
Nov 2006
DARLINGTON, MARYLAND
Posts: 4,289
Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts


+1 ...where you at Dan? If you're in the Baltimore metro area....see sig for brewday coming up.
__________________
http://www.survivalsupplyhq.com

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #9
Sigafoos
Recipes 
 
Aug 2007
Buffalo, NY
Posts: 847
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts


No fair with there being another Dan in this thread. I keep getting confused. 'I'm not in MD? Why would they think that?' It's not like this is a popular name or anything.
__________________
Community Beer Works: a Buffalo, NY nanobrewery that is now open!

CBW website | Twitter | Facebook | HBT thread

Niagara Association of Homebrewers ex-President
Live in or around Buffalo? Join NAH for fun and excitement!

[1:47pm] chefmike: and dont listen to sigafoos!
[1:47pm] Sigafoos: that's generally good advice

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:51 PM   #10
dhoerr
Recipes 
 
Jul 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina
Posts: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter6 View Post
+1 ...where you at Dan? If you're in the Baltimore metro area....see sig for brewday coming up.
I'm in Baltimore proper. I can probably make it out to that brew day, but should warn you that I'm totally new at this. By September I'll hopefully have a 2 brew days of my own under my belt. (unless I can talk SWMBO into another primary and some more bottles... in which case I'll have more)

Quote:
Oh, Eve Online. I have a special kind of reverence for that game, never having played it, of the kind of absolute insanity that takes place and the sheer cliff of a learning curve.
the reverence is well deserved. :P



 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Started my own beer blog TheBeerNerd General Beer Discussion 1 03-14-2010 01:13 AM
My buddys beer blog BBKing General Beer Discussion 0 01-05-2010 01:51 AM
Work gave me a beer blog! jacksonbrown General Beer Discussion 0 03-25-2009 05:21 PM
Looking to start a beer blog - recommend a hosting solution? Boston Brewer General Beer Discussion 8 11-23-2007 08:25 AM
Beer Blog. Orfy General Beer Discussion 1 07-03-2007 02:21 AM


Forum Jump