Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Atlantic City quality bars/restaurants/brewpubs?

Old 08-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
TomRep
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Atlantic City quality bars/restaurants/brewpubs?

Hello all! My wife and I are heading to Atlantic City tomorrow for the weekend. She's going to a concert Saturday night and I'd like to go to a place that has a lot of different types of beers, tap or bottle. I'm looking for craft brews and things that aren't too easy to find on the east coast. If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know. I'd prefer if it was within walking distance and not something I would have to drive to. I don't plan to get hammered or anything like that, just would rather not mess with the car once I get there. Thanks!
tom

Old 08-05-2010, 02:54 PM   #2
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 844 Times on 624 Posts
Likes Given: 1105

Tun Tavern

http://www.tuntavern.com/

There's also an Irish Pub all the way at the end of the strip on a really dangerous looking side street that I really like (great burgers and Guinness). Definitely worth trying out. But, last time I was there someone sized me and a friend up for a robbery and we had to intimidate them to avoid it.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:30 PM   #3
SiB57
Recipes 

According to beermapping.com there is really only two places:
http://beermapping.com/location-lookup/?locname=&city=atlantic+city&country=United+States &state=&zip=&t=

Tun Tavern (which I've been to) is okay, an upscale (in price) brewpub for fairly standard selection. You might get a decent special or two on tap, but overall it's forgettable. Service sucks.

I haven't been to the Firewaters there, but I've been to the one in DE. They had a decent (not great) selection in the one in DE, and I would assume that the one in AC would be similar. But it was still mostly east-coast brews (a lot of Dogfish Head, Flying Fish, etc.) According to their website, they've upgraded their selection recently, so if you go, let us know how it is! http://www.firewatersbar.com/beer.pdf

AC (hell, most of South Jersey) is a really barren place for Craft Beer.

Old 08-05-2010, 03:43 PM   #4
jonbomb
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I love AC but the bars are all really expensive and over priced...Closest good thing to AC that I like to goto is a place call Goodnight Irene's. That is the only place I know of in South Jersey that serves craft beer. The only thing is thats in wildwood n.j. like a 20- 30 minute drive from Atlantic city. I say its worth the drive.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
TomRep
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Thanks for the help guys. Think I may give Firewaters a try. Looks like they have a descent selection and a couple I haven't tried yet. Only plan to have 3-4 so it's not like I need too extensive of a list!
tom