Learning to be a soda Jerk - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Soda Making > Learning to be a soda Jerk

Old 08-04-2010, 01:23 AM   #1
aislepathlight
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Washington, DC

Hey all, I'm new around here. I am from Washington, DC, and I am working as a soda jerk in a restaurant that just opened (yes, we have a real soda fountain in our restaurant).

Anyway, I've been tasked with working to improve the syrups for a bunch of different sodas, so I've got my work cut out. We have a decent start, but they all need a lot of work. Do you all have a general place to start when learning about making sodas from scratch?

I know I have so much to learn, I won't start asking specific questions, but if anyone has a favorite soda recipe that I could try, I'd love to. I am filled with questions, but I have a feeling that I need to learn the basics before I can start filling in the gaps with questions.

Thanks much!

Old 08-04-2010, 01:42 AM   #2
JetSmooth
Recipes 

Feb 2010
Baltimore, MD
Liked 43 Times on 39 Posts

Where is this place? I work in DC. Would love to come check your place out.

I live mainly over in beerland in this forum, so I'm afraid I won't be of much help. But I can tell you the folks here know their stuff. Best of luck!

Bottling the Belgian: A Photo Odyssey

Beer is the mind-killer. Beer is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my beer. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see it's path. When the beer has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Old 08-04-2010, 01:59 AM   #3
aislepathlight
Recipes 

Aug 2010
Washington, DC

It is We, The Pizza, Spike Mendolsohns restaurant. Its right next door to Good Stuff Eatery, at Pennsylvania and 3rd SE. It is going well, but there is still a lot of stuff to figure out. By the way, this week we are closed from 3-6pm. I'm there every night, and I work next door at good stuff making milk shakes during the day.

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
Teromous
Beer Gnome
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
Liked 560 Times on 306 Posts

Milkshakes during the day, and soda at night. Sounds like fun!