Who's from Asheville NC??? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East Homebrew Forum > Who's from Asheville NC???

Old 08-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007
Liked 173 Times on 158 Posts

Going to be there this Friday. Good grief it looks like they have a booming beer scene. Any suggestions on the top one or two places? Only going to be there one night.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cary, NC
Liked 101 Times on 89 Posts

Check out French Broad and Highland.

I think the user maida7 lives there if you want to ping him for more local info.

Old 08-03-2010, 04:51 PM   #3
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007

Thanks.

Old 08-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #4
maida7
Recipes 

Nov 2009
Asheville, NC
Liked 48 Times on 41 Posts

Greetings from Beercity,USA. Just so happens our club has a pint night on Friday. Club members are meeting at Barley's in downtown Asheville at 6:00 for a few pints. Barley's has a great selection.

Hands down the best beer bar in Asheville is the Thirsty Monk. It has 2 floors, the basement is all Belgians the upper floor is all America stuff. Interestion selection of hard to find brews.

The best beer store is Bruisin' Ales. Amazing selection. An honorable mention goes to Hops & Vines because they have great beer and also sell homebrew supplies.

There are MANY breweries. All the breweries have tasting rooms or bars. My favorite is the Wedge. Good beer and a very artsy scene that is rare in WNC but is alive in Asheville.

Feel free to join our club for the pint night. If I can get a pass from my wife, I'll see ya there.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
wildwest450
Recipes 

Dec 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by maida7 View Post
Greetings from Beercity,USA. Just so happens our club has a pint night on Friday. Club members are meeting at Barley's in downtown Asheville at 6:00 for a few pints. Barley's has a great selection.

Hands down the best beer bar in Asheville is the Thirsty Monk. It has 2 floors, the basement is all Belgians the upper floor is all America stuff. Interestion selection of hard to find brews.

The best beer store is Bruisin' Ales. Amazing selection. An honorable mention goes to Hops & Vines because they have great beer and also sell homebrew supplies.

There are MANY breweries. All the breweries have tasting rooms or bars. My favorite is the Wedge. Good beer and a very artsy scene that is rare in WNC but is alive in Asheville.

Feel free to join our club for the pint night. If I can get a pass from my wife, I'll see ya there.

I'll be coming with another couple, and would only go if you went. Sounds awesome, I definitely will come back when I can spend some more time there.
I'll pm my number and if you can go, you can text me or call. Thanks!