Old 08-03-2010, 02:58 AM   #1
GTG
Farm Out!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Peoria, AZ - Originally from Rocket City USA, AZ
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

I've been getting some really nice prickly pears lately and have worked out trades with a few members of the board. http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f30/frui...50/index2.html
I'm looking to trade with anyone for some honey or some other type of fruit I don't already have. If you want some, send me a PM and we can work out a trade. If you can't trade, I'm thinking $25.00 for 10 lbs shipped anywhere in the continental USA.

Thanks, GTG

Old 08-03-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
PintOfBitter
Recipes 

Feb 2007
USA
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

I don't know much about prickly pear fruit, but I've been intrigued by Charlie's prickly pear mead (and who wouldn't be...?). Will they hold up well in the mail? how do they need to be stored?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
GTG
Farm Out!
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Apr 2010
Peoria, AZ - Originally from Rocket City USA, AZ
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintOfBitter View Post
I don't know much about prickly pear fruit, but I've been intrigued by Charlie's prickly pear mead (and who wouldn't be...?). Will they hold up well in the mail? how do they need to be stored?
I'm bagging them in gallon Ziploc bags and shipping them in a flat rate priority mail box. I have done a few tests and they don't seem to go bad in under a week. The priority box is supposed to arrive in 2 -3 business days so they should arrive fine. From what I've read, the preferred method of storage is to freeze them for a while until you're ready to boil them down for your must. The flat rate boxes I have hold just over 9 lbs of fruit and cost me $10.20 to ship.

GTG