Free Beer for feedback - Page 4 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Free Beer for feedback

Old 08-02-2010, 06:17 PM   #31
brettwasbtd
Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2010
Damascus, MD
Liked 161 Times on 117 Posts

I would love to help you out and offer some constructive criticism. Could send shipping money via paypal

Old 08-02-2010, 11:17 PM   #32
Babylon
Recipes 

Oct 2008

Imperial Blonde sounds like an odd concept to me. Could be good, but with the light malts and the light hops of a blonde it's gonna taste awfully alcoholic. I think I'd also call it a barleywine, but I may be mistaken there.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:21 PM   #33
johnnymax
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Southeast Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Imperial Blonde sounds like an odd concept to me. Could be good, but with the light malts and the light hops of a blonde it's gonna taste awfully alcoholic. I think I'd also call it a barleywine, but I may be mistaken there.
It will be a tough beer to balance, it will take a little more hops to balance the added malt sweetness. I am thinking about a "Dirty Blond" that is the way I like 'um

Old 08-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #34
johnnymax
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Southeast Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retarded_Penguin_Brewing View Post
wow, didn't think I'd ever see you on here johnny max. I listen to the podcast and would be down to try out some of your beer, give you a west coast perspective. just added your page on facebook(sean thomte) and hopefully I get selected

good luck to both you and the queen
LOL, I've been a member almost a year longer than you.
But, I just read with a beer in my hand

Old 08-02-2010, 11:32 PM   #35
Germelli1
Recipes 

Jul 2010
Blacksburg/Herndon, VA
Liked 36 Times on 36 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymax View Post
It will be a tough beer to balance, it will take a little more hops to balance the added malt sweetness. I am thinking about a "Dirty Blond" that is the way I like 'um
One reason I love the sam adams imperial white is that it is 10.3% alcohol but you definitely can't tell. Blondes definitely go well with citrus zest and corriander so a good balance of those will leave you with an awesome beer that shouldn't taste alcoholic. A good brewer (not myself) should be able to pull it off.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:25 AM   #36
Displaced MassHole
Recipes 

May 2008
San Diego
Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Johnnymax.........I didn't put 2 and 2 together either. I loved your 21% all grain monster article. I'll take a sample or two off of your hands if you'd like.

Congrats on going big

Old 08-03-2010, 01:35 AM   #37
Jewrican
Recipes 

Aug 2008
GA
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

id be glad to help as well

Old 08-03-2010, 01:53 AM   #38
johnnymax
Recipes 

Sep 2008
Southeast Texas

Well, as soon as I found I could own a meadery and a brewery at the same time I was so happy, then when I found I could self-distribute if I brew under 75,000 barrels a year I went off the chart crazy excited, I am driving the Queen nuts and I can't sleep at night! She said she was hoping I could not start a brewery, because all I talk about is beer and brewing already, now it will be worse
IT IS WORSE!
The plan it to brew small and distribute to as many big Texas cities as I can. The supply will be so small it will be VERY HARD TO GET, once I build a name and people fight to get it, then crank up production with help from fellow craft breweres in Texas with excess brewing capacity. Just gotta stay a Debt-Free Brewery. I don't want to stress the Queen

Old 08-03-2010, 03:02 AM   #39
freudhawk
Recipes 

Jun 2010
Kansas

Added post to your facebook page. Our brewclub would be willing to pay for shipping.

Old 08-03-2010, 01:37 PM   #40
malvado78
Recipes 

Oct 2009
Owego, NY

My 2 brew buddies and I would be glad to give feedback and pay for shipping...