Byo Bs - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Byo Bs

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2007, 04:15 AM   #1
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Brewpastor's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2006
Corrales, New Mexico
Posts: 4,575
Liked 37 Times on 31 Posts



So I had my system in BYO and was supposed to also get some cool swag, like a BYO Euro sticker, a White Labs T-shirt, a couple comp copies of my article. Well, so far I haven't seen anything. I have even sent them a couple e-mails. I think they are using me man, trying to build their success on my back, you know, stick it to the little guy. I may have to pull out all the stops and look in the Old Testament for some hoodoo voodoo to put on them. That or send them another e-mail...
__________________
Before I learned to brew I was poor, sober and lonely. Now I am just poor.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:21 AM   #2
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
John Beere's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Valdosta, GA
Posts: 2,020
Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts


You look nothing like I expected... ha! That's why my mug isn't in my article. That kinda stinks about them stiffing you though... hopefully they will come through.

I still haven't even got a copy of the Zymurgy my article was just in... although I was able to get them to email me a PDF version - yesterday! Hopefully my copies are in the mail... I ended up just trading them for a few years subscription to the AHA. Seemed fair enough... although they didn't kick in the subscription until I re-prompted them yesterday. I'm chalking it all up to the holidays.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:26 AM   #3
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
the_bird's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Adams, MA
Posts: 20,883
Liked 523 Times on 420 Posts


Don't suppose you'd be willing to share the PDF of the article for those of use who don't get the mag, would you?
__________________
Come join Yankee Ingenuity!

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:28 AM   #4
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
John Beere's Avatar
Recipes 
 
May 2006
Valdosta, GA
Posts: 2,020
Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts


I'll PM it to you and anyone else who asks... I'll post it as soon as they give me permission. I mean, I kept the rights to the article but not as formated and printed by them.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #5
SwAMi75
 
SwAMi75's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Posts: 2,478
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewpastor
So I had my system in BYO and was supposed to also get some cool swag, like a BYO Euro sticker, a White Labs T-shirt, a couple comp copies of my article. Well, so far I haven't seen anything. I have even sent them a couple e-mails. I think they are using me man, trying to build their success on my back, you know, stick it to the little guy. I may have to pull out all the stops and look in the Old Testament for some hoodoo voodoo to put on them. That or send them another e-mail...
Just say the word, and I'll call up some hard pipe hittin' brothers and we'll straighten this out for you. But of course I'd send them another email first. Maybe they're backed up after the holidays and all.
__________________
May you go marching in three-measure time
Dressed up as asses, drunk to the nines
Swing from the rafters, shouting those songs
Gone unsung for far too long


 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #6
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Baron von BeeGee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 5,397
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts


I let me subscription expire...that should get there attention. When they come groveling I'll let them know why!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chairman Cheyco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Calgary
Posts: 3,246
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron von BeeGee
I let me subscription expire...that should get there attention. When they come groveling I'll let them know why!

Arrgh! Me SWMBO just got me a subcription fer Christmas, so it cost me nary a doubloon! I'm sure there quaking in there boots at the thought of not sending me stuff.


__________________
Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
Baron von BeeGee
Beer Bully
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Baron von BeeGee's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2005
Barony of Fuquay-Varina, NC
Posts: 5,397
Liked 23 Times on 22 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Cheyco
Arrgh! Me SWMBO just got me a subcription fer Christmas, so it cost me nary a doubloon! I'm sure there quaking in there boots at the thought of not sending me stuff.


Hmmm, so it's a wash. I may have to re-reevaluate my plan.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:56 PM   #9
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jun 2006
UP of Michigan, Winter Texan
Posts: 69,237
Liked 7733 Times on 5427 Posts


Well, maybe they UPS'd it to you. It's probably sitting in Alberquerque with your beer/wine from me.

Lorena

By the way, today is the day that UPS is supposed to give me a final answer on if your shipment is lost. I'll be sending out a new one today to you- I'll see if Fedex can pick it up, but up here in No-man's-land, it's usually UPS.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM   #10
Chairman Cheyco
***DRAMATIZATION***
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Chairman Cheyco's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2005
Calgary
Posts: 3,246
Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenae
Well, maybe they UPS'd it to you. It's probably sitting in Alberquerque with your beer/wine from me.

Lorena

By the way, today is the day that UPS is supposed to give me a final answer on if your shipment is lost. I'll be sending out a new one today to you- I'll see if Fedex can pick it up, but up here in No-man's-land, it's usually UPS.

You should make UPS brew you some beer to replace the stuff that's lost!
__________________
Once the wind has been broken, it cannot be fixed.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools



Forum Jump