Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Anyone no Matthew Vassar's ale recipe?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #11
agoodbeerblog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posts: 1
Default Hi from Alan

Fun researching only to come across a conversation about me researching!

Any chance you may come to VKH, bh15?

Alan McLeod
A Good Beer Blog


agoodbeerblog is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 AM   #12
patto1ro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 228
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I've just published a recipe of Matthew Vassar's Double Ale:

http://barclayperkins.blogspot.nl/20...ar-double.html


patto1ro is offline
Poobah58 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 08:53 PM   #13
RogueVassar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Northfield, Minnesota
Posts: 162
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patto1ro
I've just published a recipe of Matthew Vassar's Double Ale:

http://barclayperkins.blogspot.nl/20...ar-double.html
That's an insane recipe! How did you carb it? Like an English mild or more like a regular beer?
__________________
Member of the Milltown Mashers
RogueVassar is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
patto1ro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 228
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueVassar View Post
That's an insane recipe! How did you carb it? Like an English mild or more like a regular beer?
The carbonation level should be the same as for cask-conditioned beer.
patto1ro is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #15
Revelator
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patto1ro View Post
I've just published a recipe of Matthew Vassar's Double Ale:

http://barclayperkins.blogspot.nl/20...ar-double.html
Im planning on giving this recipe a try - Ive tried my best to track down some of the MFB special aromatic you call for, but Ive been unsuccessful in my end of town - In your notes you mention a substitue of 70% Vienna and 30% Amber malt...I can understand the Vienna, but wouldnt that much amber malt make it pretty harsh/bitter or does it mellow out?
Revelator is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 AM   #16
patto1ro
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 228
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelator View Post
Im planning on giving this recipe a try - Ive tried my best to track down some of the MFB special aromatic you call for, but Ive been unsuccessful in my end of town - In your notes you mention a substitue of 70% Vienna and 30% Amber malt...I can understand the Vienna, but wouldnt that much amber malt make it pretty harsh/bitter or does it mellow out?
That probably depends on the type of amber malt. You could always change the mix to 80% Vienna, 20% amber.


patto1ro is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oatmeal Stout recipe - Critique - my first recipe smee44 Recipes/Ingredients 17 04-02-2010 06:47 PM
Has anybody ever used Thai Palm sugar in a recipe/check my recipe out dsuarez Recipes/Ingredients 3 11-13-2008 12:42 PM
Advice on my "Margawheata" recipe? (my first original recipe) potzertommy Recipes/Ingredients 8 06-26-2008 03:17 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS