Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > DIY Projects > Brew Stands > Love vs. Auber

Old 07-21-2010, 04:37 AM   #11
Ricand
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcav View Post
Thanks Ricand and Sawdustguy. Ricand how does the pid ease off before the set point, does is just send a signal to close the valve to the burner, since I am not using an electric element?

Sawdustguy, that is a great option, do you see any problem with the ignition system signals, current, etc. interfearing with the electric components in the main control box?
The gas is digital, either on or off. The PID will start cutting the gas off for seconds at a time as it approaches the set point. The pulse period is proportional to the distance from the set point. Of course, you have to have a pilot light.

If you got a good liver.. use it! - wife

Old 07-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #12
jcav
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Thanks Ricand for clearing that up. From prior posts I got confused on the pulsing part, I thought this was more for an electric element and the pulsing slowly adjusting the heater element, making the power to the element get less or more intense without shutting it completely off, as it sensed the set points. I could not picture how it could do that with gas, as the valve is either on or off. This automation stuff is all new to me...... I usually brew manually.

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they really aren't after you!"

Old 07-21-2010, 01:32 PM   #13
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Ricand and Sawdustguy. Ricand how does the pid ease off before the set point, does is just send a signal to close the valve to the burner, since I am not using an electric element?

Sawdustguy, that is a great option, do you see any problem with the ignition system signals, current, etc. interfearing with the electric components in the main control box?
I have used this configuration sucessfully with (2) Auber PID's but I was very careful with grounding and kept the S8610U away from the control panel.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
jcav
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustguy View Post
I have used this configuration sucessfully with (2) Auber PID's but I was very careful with grounding and kept the S8610U away from the control panel.
Thanks Guy for replying, I will keep that in mind. I think I am leaning toward not having an automatic iginition system and just going with the pilot light and thermocouple for safety.

"Just because your paranoid doesn't mean they really aren't after you!"

Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 AM   #15
Sawdustguy
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Thanks Guy for replying, I will keep that in mind. I think I am leaning toward not having an automatic iginition system and just going with the pilot light and thermocouple for safety.
That will work too.