Recipe Type: All Grain
Batch Size (Gallons): 5
Original Gravity: 1.122
Final Gravity: N/A
Boiling Time (Minutes): N/A
Color: Dark Red
Primary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): 14 Days @ ~70F
Secondary Fermentation (# of Days & Temp): Until Stable
Tasting Notes: Waiting on aging...
10# Regular Cane Sugar
10# hand-picked blueberries
1pkt Redstar Montrachet Yeast
1 tbls Energizer
1 tbls Nutrient
2 Crushed Campden Tablets
1/2 tbls pectic enzyme
1.5 tbls Acid Blend
Water to 5-6 Gallons
1) Dissolved sugar, energizer, nutrient, acid blend and pectic enzyme in 3-4 Gallons of H2O. Warmed over low heat while preparing fruit. Started yeast in a mason jar of warm water and 1/4cup sugar.
2) Used a blender to puree blueberries and place in a nylon brew-bag
3) Used a slap chopper to roughly chop the raisins and placed in a separate nylon brew bag.
4) Placed both brew bags in the primary and poured sugar & nutrient solution over them.
5) Pitched yeast into brewbucket and added water to bring to a inch or so from the top of the container.
- Sat for 14 days on the counter. Regular room temp 70F-75F.
- Stirred every other day or so.
- Be mindful the with the water level so high that the airlock may suck up some liquid... not that that happened to me.
Used blue plastic 5gal water jug (the type found at lowes etc).
Continued fermenting at 70F-75F until bubbling has almost completely ceased
Bottled into 24 regular 750ml wine bottles.
~~Notes & Comments~~
- Yet to try the finished product... still bottle aging...