Corny keg connectors

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swh127

Reaction score
Well i just got my corny kegs and connectors in today. I got the threaded connectors from more beer thinking they would connect to my tap system. Man was I wrong. The threaded connectors are about 1/4in. wide and the connectors to my tap system are 1/2in. How do I connect the two together?

Any advice would greatly be appriciated.
Thanks in advance.

Guess you need to visit a hardware store and get an adapter... Or get the correct fittings from More beer and make a new hose assembly...

Your keg connectors are 1/4" male flare connectors. I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to the connectors on your tap system. Do you have a picture? If you are using beer faucets or picnic taps, there is typically a barb fitting that accepts a 3/16" or 1/4" ID hose. To attach the hose to your keg connector, go here: http://sdcollins.home.mindspring.com/Plumbing-2.html

Scroll down to "The Flare Fitting". I've got a step by step tutorial for making a hose that will connect to your male flare on your connector.

I actually prefer the threaded connectors. They are much easier to deal with and can be removed quickly and easily for cleaning and reattached just as quickly.

If you have pics of the tap system, it might help determine what you've got.

Prosit!

Back