Half Naked - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Half Naked

Old 01-02-2007, 06:18 AM   #1
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2006
Valdosta, GA
Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts

So my wife just walks out to the shop to see what the hell I was doing with power tools at 1:00 AM in the morning and starts laughing her ass off at me cause I didn't have any pants on. Seriously, where the hell can a man use power tools, in his underwear, after midnight if not his own shop?!? Sheesh...

Old 01-02-2007, 06:39 AM   #2
SwAMi75

Recipes 

Mar 2005
Midwest City, OK
Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I hope like hell you weren't welding.
Gone unsung for far too long

Old 01-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I guess it all depends on just what kind of "power tool" were you using??

Like the trucker said, "Sure, you can sleep with my girlfriend tonight, but you have to blow her up yourself!"

Old 01-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 528 Times on 424 Posts

Most. Disappointing. Thread Content. Ever.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 01-02-2007, 02:34 PM   #5
Orfy
For the love of beer!

Recipes 

Sep 2005
Cheshire, England
Liked 94 Times on 62 Posts

Be careful with that vacum!

Old 01-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #6
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

May 2006
Valdosta, GA

It was a bandsaw actually

heh...

My latest batch of "Damned Lager" went into the fermenter just a few hours before.

My next big project is a proper fermentation chamber probably constructed similar to my walkin cooler but with a much smaller A/C and built more like a cabinet. I think Yuri Rage recently constructed something similar...

I was going to build it right after I got the walkin cooler finished but all the stores had already clearanced out their A/Cs... so its being put off until spring.

Anyway, I had planned to just let this last batch ferment in the garage but then looked at the 10 day forcast which said the average temp was going to be 60~70. damnit

So I just couldn't go to sleep with my lager fermenting at such high temps and went back out to the shop and half-ass constructed a fermentation chamber as fast as I could.

Old 01-02-2007, 05:21 PM   #7
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Feb 2005
Atkinson (near the Quad Cities), IL
Liked 132 Times on 99 Posts

I saw/read your article BTW. Congrats. I'm glad they had room to add this forum...(FREE advertising)...just like the thread, only shorter.

I wish I had been paying better attention to you being from Valdosta. I've been through there a number of times...just 2 weeks ago AAMOF. My mother lives near Tampa. Had to go to her 70th BD party.

Be careful with that bandsaw...you don't want your Deep Six to become a Shallow Three and a Half...

Old 01-02-2007, 06:12 PM   #8
John Beere
Deep Six Brewing Co.

Recipes 

May 2006
Valdosta, GA

Thanks HB,

They had me edit and re-edit that article down to 2,500 words... that was a whole lot to cover in such a short article. I just hope I didn't come off to arrogant as if I'm some expert - there was just no wiggle room for anything but the really important stufff.

I still haven't got to read the published article yet! My copy better show up soon... I'm really anxious to see how much further editing was done to it that I don't know about. I head that they left the link to HBT as well as published my logo - that was really cool...

Old 01-03-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
TxBrew
Administrator
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Feb 2004
Liked 2195 Times on 768 Posts

Anyone have a copy of the article they could scan?

Register Now!