I have a lot of loose ends to tie up like mounting pumps and other stuff. Need dip tubes for the HLT and BK and need to weld in the whirlpool return on the boil kettle. Then there's installing the whole burner ignition stuff and hard mounting the electronics... Lots and lots to do but since I could heat water and pump liquid it was time to brew something!
It went pretty good considering, actually really good right up to chilling and getting wort to the fermenter. Without the whirlpool return, I just dropped the hose end into the BK and with no way to direct it, just made a stirred up mess rather than a hop pile. That and having been seriously burned when a hose popped out of the boil kettle before, I was pretty dang skittish at that point and wondering why I was so stupid to do this again.
Since I tried to recirc through the plate chiller and couldn't keep any hops out, I plugged the plate chiller really well, about 2/3 of the way through, so that sucked.
Next I realized I had robbed the transformer out of my glycol chiller and had no way to cool the conical really. So, I took a shelf out of The Big Fridge and stuffed the conical in there, dropped the temp sensor in the thermowell and called it good. Luckily there is not much else in there so nothing will suffer with a few days of 68* temps.
By then it was too late and dark to clean much else up so I just back flushed the chiller for about 30 minutes and will finish cleaning today.
Most of these images are during vorlauf