has anyone used "Top Levure" as a fermentor ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no idea what that is, but assuming its a yeast nutrient (has a lot of B vitamins???) I'd say just wait... Yeast dont show signs for a couple of days sometimes. If theres still nothing after 72hrs, then worry. :mug:

Edit: wait... you did pitch some sort of yeast right? Not just that nutrient?...if thats what it is...

Yeah, that's a pill intended for human consumption. I doubt it contains *any* active yeast, and its value as a nutrient is probably questionable as well.

guys I I added lost of it to my beer , do I am gonna go and buy active yeast, do you think I should throw away my 1 galon of beer ? or simply add the new yeast to this ?

I don't know what products are available where you live, but I don't think yeast comes in pill form. What country are you in?

?!

Descriptif :
Description
Santé et beauté de la peau, des cheveux et des ongles.
Health and beauty of skin, hairs and nails

Ingrédients:
Levure de Bière; Edulcorant : Sorbitol; Vitamine C, Levure Lactique; Vitamines E, B3; Anti-Agglomérant : Sels de Magnésium d'Acides Gras d'origine végétale; Vitamines B5, B6, B2, B1, B12, B9, B8. Sans colorant ni arômes artificiels, sans conservateur, sans gluten, sans sel ni sucre ajouté.

Ingredients:
Beer yeast, Sugar Substitude, Sorbitol, C vitamin, Lactic yeast, E Vitamin, ....

Conseils d'utilisation :
Prendre un comprimé par jour à avaler le matin avec un verre d'eau. Un seul comprimé par jour suffit à apporter à l'organisme les actifs nécessaires.
Advices on utilization:
Swallow one pill per day, at the morning with a glass of water. One pill per day is enough to bring necessary actives to your body.

Yep, it's in the ingredients section... but I don't think the yeast is still active, in this case, and I don't know why would you use something like that instead of normal yeast used by brewers ;).

Unless, of course, if you want your beer to be healthy and good for your hairs and nails... Or if you want your beer itself to have pretty hairs and pretty nails...

guys I bought another one, it is called "blue life super brewers Years tablets"
it also looks like pills, should I use this one ?
[it also says it has natrual B vitamins]

No, nothing you buy at a pharmacy is going to work. If you can't get beer or wine yeast, use bread yeast.

Once against, this seems like health nutrients. In these kinds of things, beer yeast is usually deactivated, or at least very, very weakend. If you drink a vial of true liquid yeast (White Labs, Wyeast) or a pack of dried yeast (Nottingham, Coopers, ...) like the ones we use, you would get a lot of farts AND maybe diarrhea. Because beer yeast, beside being very good for your health, also act a lot like a laxative.

When my mother was pregnant with me, she took some beer yeast (in the forms you mentionned). At her time, it was very popular for mothers. It's healthy!

True yeast used by brewers do not come in pills forme. They come in powdery (dried yeast) or vials. You won't buy them at a pharmacy/drug store. You buy them at your LHBS or online.

Stop wasting your money on these things.

Most of the yeast supplements including the so-called brewer's yeast, found in health food stores is not active yeast, but the dead hulls of yeast. You can't ferment with it, BUT you can use "brewer's yeast" or "Yeast hulls" from a healthfood store as a yeast energizer. You can add it to a boil, or if you have a stuck fermentation, you can srinkle some into the fermenter.

Rather than buying that, since I bake bread, after any of my bread yeast is out of date, I usually add a teaspoon of that to the boil. Especially if I am brewing something high gravity.

Yeast are cannibals, so they will usually dive into any dead yeast you add. It gets them up and running.

I sure as heck wouldn't add THAT pill to my beer, with all of those other additions like sorbitol and "sugar substitute."

Back