I want your input.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers77

Vendor
Reaction score
So I want to put together some hop pack that are available all the time. I'm thinking on the lines of an English pack, an American pack, a bittering pack, ect. I'd like some in put on your end as to what you would like to see. I'm going to do 4 varieties to a pack for 1lb total. Submit some ideas and we will see what we can get together.
Thanks,
John

How about a Noble Pack? Hallertau, Saaz, Spalt, Tettnang.

I like the idea. I also like that you shipped my hops so damn fast.

I would like to see a hard to get pack
Citra
Simcoe
Chinook
northern brewer
I would never buy a pound of each of these but i might buy a pack of 4.

Personally I'd like to see Amarillo, Citra, Simcoe, and Centennial.
Perhaps Willamette, Northern Brewer, Cascade, Mt. Hood? Something like that. I would just like to see Willamette and NB together.

I really don't like crapping on people's ideas and creativity, but I've always said that just because it sounds like a good idea doesn't mean it has to come to fruition.

You can call it a "pack" or whatever you'd like, but it's still "bundling"
(think cable TV/Satellite dish/phone service where you only get some of what you really want and have to take the one(s) (channels/programs/packages/services) you don't want). Still you picka nd choose which channels/shows/ programs you like and disregard the rest.

You can't ignore the fact that you may have to buy hops you'll never use. :mad: That's not a good idea.

Sure, you can always sell them to someone who wants them, but always at a loss. That's not good either.

I find it easier just purchasing what I really want. :D

I'm only speaking from a customers point of view.

Sorry, but that's my input. ;)

Thanks for the input Bill, and thanks to everyone else who has also responded.

I hear what you’re saying in regards to bundling but this is one of the reasons I put it out there. I'm trying to give people a choice, and lower the cost at the same time.

Let me tell you, these packs do not always work! I've done Friday Night Lights special for a few months now and some hit, and some are complete duds.

Just trying to change it up a bit.

Adding to that point, this also allows people to take a chance on hops they normally would not use without spending huge sums of money. So they get 2-3 hops they know and like and get a third or fourth that they may never have tried, and they can expand their brewing horizon

As a loyal customer and hophead, I vote for a newer high-alpha dank hop pack:

Apollo
Citra
Summit
Simcoe

These hops are all incredibly pungent and high alpha. Just my 2c.

Adding to that point, this also allows people to take a chance on hops they normally would not use without spending huge sums of money. So they get 2-3 hops they know and like and get a third or fourth that they may never have tried, and they can expand their brewing horizon

I hear you, but would they really? There's always the 49%'ers who may not.

It looks like you gave it a try already and have something to base your decisions on. Good planning. ;)

I typed up some other comments earlier, but thought better to just delete them, regarding hops prices.

It would be "simpler" if all hops cost the same (per oz, etc.), but since they aren't a "pick your own four (or whatever)" pack would cause pricing problems because of the individual hop prices (per oz).

I realize "A LOT" of my comments come across as harsh and degrading, but that's not always my point. Good luck with this idea. :mug:

If it were me, I'd do Brewery Packs (Stone, Sweetwater, Harpoon, etc) The hops they commonly use in their products.

And I'd also do geographical packs as mentioned in your opening post, or Beer Style Packs......Something Like IPA, APA, English Browns, etc.

Schnitz, I have Northdown on my site, and they are nice!. Maybe I will get some Target, there has been a lot of talk about them.

I have all of those on the site, have you ordered form me? if not come and take a look. Keep the ideas coming fellas.

I would like to see a hard to get pack
Citra
Simcoe
Chinook
northern brewer
I would never buy a pound of each of these but i might buy a pack of 4.

Adding to that point, this also allows people to take a chance on hops they normally would not use without spending huge sums of money.... and they can expand their brewing horizon

I bought one of the friday night lights packs a while back. I only really wanted 2 of the 4 hops in the pack but I bought it because the price was right and I thought it would be nice to try the other two types. So that line of thinking is valid in my frame of reference.

I like the geographical pack idea. I dont care much about commercial brewery packs. You should definitly work up a pack for the new Cascadian dark ale style (or whatever the heck its called now-a-days).

I use lots of american hops. As others have mentioned, I would love to see an all English pack liek EKG, Northdown, Bramling Cross, target, Fuggles, ets. Or a Noble Pack. Nobles rock--not just because it is my last name.

;)

I personally like the idea of the Brewery Packs. It just seems perfect for people who love cloning. I can see this expanding into huge mega kits that provide clones for a brewery's lineup.

Why dont you let people choose their own 4 pack? that can be any 4 they would like

like previously stated hops prices are different for different hops

but something to consider would be a list for a pick 4 pack you can get these common 4 hops for this much a bundle and than with the rarer variety's cost would go up but still able to pick the ones you want and bundle them

Ok guys, I updated the All American hop pack on the site. You can now choose your own hops for the pack. I have 6 different hops to choose from just check the 4 you want then add it to your cart.

like previously stated hops prices are different for different hops

but something to consider would be a list for a pick 4 pack you can get these common 4 hops for this much a bundle and than with the rarer variety's cost would go up but still able to pick the ones you want and bundle them

Sounds good. freedom as a consumer is always a plus

Back