Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South East USA > Georgia HomeBrew Forum > Georgia Bound in August

Old 07-01-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
FishinDave07
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Georgia Bound in August

August 10th my family and I are dropping off my brother to college. We will probably be in Georgia for a week. What are some good breweries/brewpubs in the Atlanta and Savannah area? I'm also open to suggestions to anywhere else. Consider the entire state free game for traveling. I personally want to check out Terrapin Brewing and Sweetwater. How is Moon River brewing?

As for food, I'm gonna make it a point to go back to the Wilkes house. What are some other good eateries in the state?

Thank guys ,

Dave

Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout

Old 07-01-2010, 03:20 PM   #2
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

While it isn't a brewery, if you are in the Decatur area be sure to check out The Brick Store. Some local brewpubs that might be worth your time are 5 Seasons and Twains... i'm not too familiar with either of them but lots of folks seem to like them.

Old 07-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #3
CarlLBC

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Sweet water is awsome. I have yet to make it to Terrapin even though my parents live in athens. it seems I'm never there when they do tastings. moon river was good. I was pretty buzzed though, because it was a few hours after the savannah craft brew fest. they try to play a big part in that since they are the only real brew pub in savannah. can't remember the brewmaster's name, he's a nice guy though and had an interview over the phone with the brewing network. i'd go to all three if possible. I tried to go to red brick in atlanta but couldn't make it. cheers.

Old 07-02-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
FishinDave07
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

thanks guys
Drinking: Yakima Blonde (Imperialized), Banana Wheat, Russian Imperial Stout, and anything i can get my hands on
On Deck: Watermelon Wheat, Red Panda Ale, Gluten Free Brown Ale, Mojito IPA, Smoked Pepper Stout

Old 07-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
deezy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I work in Athens so hit up Terrapin atleast once a week. They do tours wed/thurs/fri/sat 5:30-7:30. Their pics from the website as pretty accurate in what you see when your there. Fri/Sat are normally very busy so if you want to avoid the college folk wed/thurs is a much better option. $10 a pint glass, you get 8 drink tickets they are supposed to do 4-5oz pours each ticket.

While your in Athens, stop by Copper Creek Brewing Co downtown for great food and house brewed beer. The beer menu changes almost biweekly, normally 4-5 beers on tap of all different styles.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #6
FishinDave07
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

good info deezy. I'm on it.