I posted this in the "how to capture wild yeast" thread in the Lambic forum, but figured I should update here.
After putting out some apple juice which caught a few things (see my previous posts), I decided to just try to get some fermentation going for the heck of it. I figure that the worst thing that could happen was that I'd waste a little honey (I do mead, not beer), water, and yeast nutrient but I might get to see something cool grow in the jar. Over the course of a week or so, all visible signs of mold disappeared and I was left with crystal clear liquid which has a strong alcohol smell, and 1/8 inch of lees at the bottom. Kinda cool.
So last night I took a bigger jug (3 pound plastic jug the Shop Rite honey came in), put a simple must together (all tools sanitized), dumped most of the clear fermented liquid out (being careful not to lose the lees), and dumped most of the lees into the jug. Added some raisins, yeast energizer, and yeast nutrient. This morning it is bubbling away. SO COOL
I took some of the lees and put it in a test tube with some sanitized spring water and stuck it in the fridge. As to the must now fermenting, I'm going to let it go for a few days, then move up to a 1 gallon batch if there is no visible sign of infection. Even if there is and the batch is unusable, this has been a fun experiment.