Homebrew spew - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Homebrew spew

Old 12-28-2006, 02:16 AM   #1
sudsmonkey

Recipes 

May 2005
Deepest, darkest Eastern NC
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Have you ever drunk enough of your own homebrew to get sick? Did you notice a difference between your own thick, flavorful brew and commercial beer as it came back up? I know this isn't a tasteful ( no pun intended) question, but it is a valid one. Last July 3rd, I came home after a long hot day at work. It had been something like 10000 degrees that day, and I was looking forward to the large party we were throwing the next day. I hammered down a couple of forties of my amber ale a little too fast, and they bounced back on me. Nothing like a pronounced hop bitterness in your vomit!
Can't say it was a good experience.

Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #2
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 116 Times on 102 Posts

I'm lucky and never "spew" from drinking so I can't provide input. But I did feel the need to reply to this with a in hopes others would respond.

I actually think the last time I yacked was in the early 80's and was "normal sick". Sometimes I wish I could, but it just doesn't happen for me. Call me lucky or an alcoholic...

Old 12-28-2006, 02:40 AM   #3
dibby33

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Hobart, Tasmania
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

I have not chucked beer since my 20s which was enough. Threw up a curry in the morning a few months ago which wasn't too unpleasant - nice and tasty - curries are always better the second day.

I would imagine that it would be better than chucking BMC. Although due to the thicker consistency it would be harder to clear the nasal passages.

BTW if you want to learn to vomit easily without getting it up your nose - watch how cats bring up furballs and remember to keep your back and neck as straight as possible.

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 12-28-2006, 02:43 AM   #4
DesertBrew
Dirty blonde

Recipes 

Jan 2005
Twin Cities, MN
Liked 116 Times on 102 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibby33
BTW if you want to learn to vomit easily without getting it up your nose - watch how cats bring up furballs and remember to keep your back and neck as straight as possible.
I got vodka up me nose reading that one!

Old 12-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #5
dibby33

Recipes 

Nov 2006
Hobart, Tasmania
Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertBrew
I got vodka up me nose reading that one!

...should have kept your neck straight!!!

Primary
s : Ginger Beer, Wheat Beer
Secondary :
Empty
Bottled
: all drunk
Drinking : A Lot.
Next Up : Wheat Beer with grainy things

Old 12-28-2006, 05:45 AM   #6
cha ngo
Recipes 

Jul 2006
Spokane, WA
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Whenever I puke beer, it's usually still cold.
So I got that going for me.
Which is nice.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:18 PM   #7
Orpheus

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Maryland 'burbs of Washington, D.C.
Liked 24 Times on 14 Posts

I never thought about it before, but I've never spewed with homebrew. Commercial brew, sure many times in my college days, but never the homebrew.

Old 12-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #8
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

May 2006
Adams, MA
Liked 534 Times on 429 Posts

As a general rule, if you're going to get sick for any reason (flu, drunk, whatever), one thing I learned that helps me out....

Eat some powdered Jell-O.

Tastes good going down (like a powdered SweetTart), and it maintains the flavor on the way back up. Can't taste the vomit at all.

Plus, it's really cool to see yourself spewing bright red vomit...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

Old 12-28-2006, 02:56 PM   #9
evanmars
EAC Wannabe

Recipes 

Dec 2006
Springport, Michigan
Liked 58 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
As a general rule, if you're going to get sick for any reason (flu, drunk, whatever), one thing I learned that helps me out....

Eat some powdered Jell-O.

Tastes good going down (like a powdered SweetTart), and it maintains the flavor on the way back up. Can't taste the vomit at all.

Plus, it's really cool to see yourself spewing bright red vomit...
I spewed bright red vomit once. Although it wasn't from Jell-O. It was from a bleeding ulcer.

I'd been having some intense stomach pains for about a month, but it would usually pass fairly quickly. Didn't see a need to go to the doctor. Then one night during curtain call (I do some acting in the community theatre), I felt a strong urge to vomit. I managed to wait until the curtain was nearly down, then did a sprint to the back stage restroom. The theatre is in a community college and they had some student's "art" work stored in the dressing room/restroom. Didn't quite make it to the toilet. It looked kind of like a murder scene. Blood spattered the walls and the paintings.

Needless to say, I went to the doctor the next day.

Old 12-28-2006, 03:10 PM   #10
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Jul 2005
Poo-Poo Land
Liked 42 Times on 29 Posts

Proud to also include myself in the Rarely Puke club. Last time was a couple of years ago from a puking flu that plagued my area. I can barely remember the last time I puked from drinking...probably St Patty's Day about 4-5 years ago when I allowed some idiots to feed me Jaeger shots. Nowadays, I'm quick to pass out, but not to puke.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.