Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Sulfer smell after bottling

Old 12-27-2006, 01:34 AM   #1
brmdavis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Sulfer smell after bottling

one of my batches smells like sulfer in the glass; I dont remember this smell during bottling. Will this mellow/go away? It was never in direct light during the whole process and the other half of the batch is ok (although lacks carbination!!) I can't get it right with this one. It tastes good but smells gross and worse, my wife smelled my beltch and thought the dog farted!!!

Old 12-27-2006, 04:50 AM   #2
homebrewer_99

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 86 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sounds like a batch of DawgAss Brew, but in all seriousness the only thing I can come up with is you bottled a couple of weeks too soon.

Old 12-27-2006, 04:52 AM   #3
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99
In all seriousness the only thing I can come up with is you bottled too soon.
That would be my guess as well. What type of beer is it?

Old 12-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #4
brmdavis
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichBrewer
That would be my guess as well. What type of beer is it?

it's a wheat, this whole batch has been trouble from the begining. I tried to get a little clever and my cockiness got the best of me. I split a wheat batch in half, botteling half (but not measuring inavertantly used less than half teh priming sugar resulting in lackluster carbination) the other half i put in 32oz of cherry juice reduced to est. 4 oz and let it sit for 4 additional days before bottleing (although i immediately bottled a few of these...again i wasnt thinking this entire process through properly). I think it was the addition of this very unmanly ingredient that is causing the problems. I blame my wife. If this isn't going to mellow out, do I have the Beer Board's permission to dump? I've got 6 gal of cider thats been in the secondary for a little over a month and need to free up some bottles. Nothing like replacing nasty beer with what will problably be nasty cider!!