Hurricane Questions X2

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDawg

Reaction score
I considered those Sampler but running direct fire with keggles, my thought process was that the others apear to spread the heat a little farther out,,,even recirculating I don't wanna end up with hot spots in a Large pot

I considered those Sampler but running direct fire with keggles, my thought process was that the others apear to spread the heat a little farther out,,,even recirculating I don't wanna end up with hot spots in a Large pot

IMO, your thought processes are largely correct in that regard.

A couple suggestions, build the fuel rail from readily available 1/2" iron pipe and fittings, and invest in the honeywell Q314 pilot burners and a needle valve for more reliable pilot flames. If you want to automate later just change bottle regulator to a low pressure model and drill out burner gas jet fitting, and connect pilot burner to gas furnace valve. Cheapest safe gas control method is furnace valve with standing pilot for about $70 each new, and they work with the honeywell Q314 pilot burner.

Thanks kladue I may do pilots and further automation down the road . For now I am just trying to get a solid new system in for about 1K. Its really not that hard if you are willing to put in the elbow grease and have access to alot of tooling. I am probably going to build the fuel rail from Stainless, just because believe it or not Stainless scrap is simpler for me to get, lol.

Latest posts

Back