Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > recommend a recipe for a September wedding!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
moonlightinred
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default recommend a recipe for a September wedding!

Actually, it won't be for the wedding itself. My best friend is getting married in September and the other groomsmen and myself have decided to brew a batch of beer to be imbibed at the rehearsal dinner, which will be an outdoor BBQ.

I have only made two batches of beer in my life (a chocolate stout from grains and a hefeweizen from extract), the most recent of which (hefe) was more than a year ago. I've made a fair amount of wine and mead, though. I have all of the equipment I need, anyway.

So, since I'm a beer noob, can I get some tried-and-true recipe suggestions that will compliment BBQ and the warm weather? The groom and the groomsmen are all fans of IPAs, but the truth is that we all really like a wide variety of beers. I was thinking of something around 6%. I was given about 50 20-year old Grolsch bottles that we'll probably use once I get some replacement seals.

Thanks!

Old 06-03-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
jpsloan
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

IPA's are just fine with a BBQ.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:05 PM   #3
moonlightinred
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsloan View Post
IPA's are just fine with a BBQ.
Oh, I know they are. But since I've never done one and I'm still pretty new to this, I was hoping someone might post a recipe (IPA or otherwise) that's pretty solid.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:24 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 5935 Times on 4231 Posts
Likes Given: 1515

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightinred View Post
Oh, I know they are. But since I've never done one and I'm still pretty new to this, I was hoping someone might post a recipe (IPA or otherwise) that's pretty solid.
We have a ton of recipes in the database, so if you have a certain IPA in mind, see if one of those looks good to you. All of then can be converted to extract pretty easily, so don't let that deter you!

I made my "usual" IPA today, and even though there are frequent hops additions, it's a very easy recipe.

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans